•• Chapter 11. ••

Mike's PoV

Chester was 34 minutes late, causing me to panic because... ever since the whole thing with Cora I get so scared not knowing where he is or When he's late... I was staring at the driveway from the window, Waiting for his black car to appear.

"Mike?" I heard Draven.

I glanced at him, Great he's calling me Mike... Even Jaime still calls me dad...

I nodded "yeah?" My eyes were still focused on the driveway, I was standing in front of a window staring to the area like There was nothing else to look at.

"Are you okay?" Draven asked, appearing nervous.

"Hmm! Yeah! Fine! Totally fine! Fantastic!" I freaked. Draven looked at me with confusion "Where's Chester?"

"H-He's Late." I said, trying not to make it visible how much I was freaking out.

"W-well what if his.. Therapy... Just kinda took longer than usual?" Draven said, unable to hide his own fear.. everyone seems so scared whenever Chester is late for anything.

"I Don't know Dray..." I whispered..

Luckily my nerves eased as a car pulled up in the driveway I had stared at for a long time now...

I exhaled in relief "Oh thank god.." I whispered.

That was when I saw his figure get out of the car but something was definitely off, I know therapy was hard for him and all but usually not this bad.

He entered the house and faked a smile which I could see through easily "hi guys.. Sorry, I'm late Heh, The neighbors were on the road, fixing things for the event.."

"Chazzy Could you come with me for a second?" I asked. He nodded before following me to our bedroom, I turned on my heels to face him "What's wrong"

"Nothing." He shrugged. I placed my hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes "Chaz, I've known you since I was 16... You can't fool me. Something's wrong, Talk to me please.."

He sighed and his shoulders dropped "Sometimes I just have these moments where everything comes back up, All the bad memories and... I just don't like my mind right now..."

I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight "It'll end up alright Chester, I promise. It-"

"No Mike, Can't you see?" He pulled away from me "Something that's so... So Scarred and bruised beyond repair Mike... It won't end up alright, I'll live with my demons forever..."

"Ches..."

"Mike can we please... Just enjoy this neighborhood thing... Just pretend like nothing's wrong okay?"

"Don't pretend in front of me... Okay Chaz? When we're alone just act how you feel..." I whispered.

He nodded "alright." Before quickly pecking my lips "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I said.

"Anyways, that neighborhood party!" I smiled.

"Let's go.." Chester whispered. I kissed the top of his head one last time before we got ready.

All the guys were at our house now, Brad and Rob had brought Kayla, Phoenix his wife Lindsey and Joe his wife Heidi and Daughter Lola who was a bit younger than Lila and Otis.

We knew the party had started as we heard metal music next door and grunting... I really wanted to check it out...

"Yeah!