Chapter Nineteen

Song for this chapter is True Friend by Hannah Montana (Don’t judge, when you get to the right part you’ll understand) I thought it just fit the chapter :)

Chapter Nineteen

The days seemed to pass relatively quickly and both Anna and I could tell how excited Lauren was even if she didn’t say so. She gave us the rundown of what had been happening in the last week when I wasn’t here and filled Anna in on the stuff that she didn’t know happened as well. Turns out it wasn’t the first time that Lauren and Cody had experienced the sort of rush they felt that morning. The sexual tension between them was just too much apparently.

I didn’t really know how to describe the feeling that ran through me as she told us how she felt and the sweet things that Cody had been whispering into her ear as they so heatedly made out.

I felt lonely. Honestly, I don’t know what came over me. I think it was jealousy the fact that she had someone who loves her and who would protect her with anything. They were so perfect together and if only Anna and I had taken action sooner to change Cody’s look, Lauren would have realised it so much sooner.

***

Saturday came extremely fast and before we knew it, the three of us were in Laurens room, in an empty house, eating pizza and jars of Nutella that I had bought just like I had promised the day that I got in the fight with Jessica. It feels like so long ago that she was on the ground bleeding while I was looking at her with a satisfactory look at the work I had done.

Because of my absence over the last while though, no one really acknowledged my presence like they did the day after and it was back to normal. Including the snide looks and horrible glances that I would receive from Jessica and her Barbie’s.

The three of us were currently giggling over something that had happened in one of Anna’s classes. I think it was her AP Algebra. Something about how a guy threw a piece of paper at the teacher and it landed in her hair staying there for the entire lesson. The piece of paper was not only normal but it was also cover it spit, that being the reason it flew so far and managed to stick in her hair.

“It was like she had a weird white growth coming out of her head!” Anna said, she was full on laughing while Lauren and I were just giggling. “I think it was one of those ‘you had to be there moments’” she said.

We just nodded and finished emptying the box of pizza and jars of Nutella before I stood up and told Lauren to go and take a shower. She obliged willingly and Anna and I set to work on choosing her outfit.

“What are we going to dress her in?” I asked Anna, she was a lot more fashionable than I so it only made sense to ask her for her opinion first before I give my input and ruin the entire outfit.

“Well we don’t know what the occasion is, right?” she said. “So I’m thinking we should so casual-formal. A slight mixture of both.”

We both set to work trying to find something like Anna described and by the time we had found the perfect outfit, Laurens room looked like a tornado hit it.

We were so busy trying to find an outfit we didn’t even notice that Lauren had walked back into the room, only wearing a towel and was staring at the room with her jaw nearly at the ground.

“What the hell guys?!” she screamed. “Do you not realise how long this is going to take to clean up?!”

“Well- uh” I started before being cut off.

“There is no way I am cleaning this mess up,” She stated folding her arms. “You two have to do it.”

“Fine, well do it when you are out on your date,” I said and Anna just looked at me like I had grown a third head.