It Was Never In Vain-Ch 7

*Okay! This is the second place story from the competition. The story prompt was: "I want you to pretend that you are going to die soon, and this book is going to be the last message you (or your character) is leaving to the world." Enjoy!*

I want to tell you now that I have enjoyed every moment with you immensely. The days we shared together were full of laughter and love. Although the last couple of years have been rough, I assure you, my love, every moment was worth it.

I am praying you will find this sooner rather than later, but I'm also hoping you don't. I know you will want answers and resolutions to the mystery, but I don't want this to cause you more pain than necessary.

I know you would see right through it anyway, so I'll just tell you now. I'm terrified. This is not what I saw in store for me, for us. I am scared of my own pain, and I am afraid of leaving you. Who will hold you up? But I know, when I am gone, you will finally be safe. It's my fault, after all, that you were in danger in the first place.

I told myself over and over not to fall for you, that they would come for everyone I loved, but to no avail. And had you not shattered the hard shell I wore for so long, who would I be now?

You will want to know what led to this, so I shall see what I can explain in the time I have left. It is quite the tale, and I apologize if I must leave this note unfinished. 

*This story was written by dannowilliams50! If you enjoyed and want to see more of her works, go ahead and check out her page... and follow her! :) *

-Nikki