Afterward

Well, I never thought I'd be doing an afterward instead of a forward in one of my fanfics. You may not believe it, but this novel took nearly two years to write. Allow me to explain. I wrote the first part which focuses on the first season of Young Justice on my old account. The reason it ended with the beginning of the second season and on a cliffhanger was actually unintentional. You see, I was gonna have this story be part of the first Amazing Justice story on my old account. I should point out, I used to have the old Wattpad app on my Kindle Fire, and this tablet is from 2015, which many would consider a dated hunk of junk. But right when I was about to start on my next chapter, my Kindle told me it had very little storage. I was no stranger to this annoying notification before. This stupid notification forced me to uninstall some stuff to make more room. I deleted old photos I deemed unnecessary in hopes that would satisfy whoever gave me this notification. But to no avail. And so I had to stop writing whatever chapter I was writing, and sadly uninstalled the Wattpad app on my Kindle Fire. I tried to delete the story, but I got some stupid verification excuse instead. I tried to log back on to my old account on a computer, but that didn't work. So I decided to scrap Amazing Justice, and leave it unpublished on my old account. And I moved on, working on other Fanfictions on this account here instead. But then one day, I think this might have been after I watched all 13 episodes of Young Justice Outsiders, I thought to myself, man I wish I could have finished that Spider-Man/Young Justice crossover. If only I could maybe copy and paste the original source material the way I did with the other stories for Funzoey123456. I helped give her Fanfictions some closure. Why can't I give this story closure? Then I thought to myself, well it's as Bruce Timm said, never let a good idea go to waste! So after finishing Kevin's Brother From Another Mother, I made up my mind. I'd postponed Amazing Justice long enough! So I published the first novel on my old account, going so far as to repurchase the Wattpad app on my Kindle Fire so that I could publish the unfinished story here. Now, if you're a Young Justice fan like I am, then you know that in season 2, Artemis faked her death to go undercover with Kaldur, assuming the identity of Tigress. Why does Peter take her place? Well, the Tigress subplot was the most interesting in season 2, and if I'd gone faithful to the source material, I'm not sure what I'd have Peter do. So I had Peter take Artemis's place. It wasn't easy. I had to rewatch some of the episodes to do it right. Originally, I was gonna have Peter take on the persona of Red X. Sound familiar? It should. Red X was a villain/sometimes antihero on the original Teen Titans cartoon. But then I thought, Y'know Mr. Adamantium sounds cooler. So with help from a friend, that's the name I chose. My friend even approved of the idea of Norman Osborn replacing Ocean Master in The Light. As for the suit? It's actually some fan-art of Spider-Man Noir. But the pic looked like an assassin, and I knew I had the right suit for Mr. Adamantium. Fun fact. In the Complications chapter, it was originally going to be Deadpool and Cheshire that tried to kill Kaldur and Black Manta, like in the episode of the same name. Deadpool would be taking Sportsmaster's place. I would've had it be that Ocean Master hired Deadpool to assassinate Black Manta as a way of saying "F You" for replacing him with Osborn. Plus I replaced Sportsmaster because he doesn't really have a personal connection to Peter. And Wade considers Peter to be his best friend! So if he found out Kaldur killed him, of course Wade would be pissed. But then I thought, Cheshire doesn't have much of a personal connection to Peter either. Why would this estranged father and daughter team up to avenge a guy they barely knew? I mean yeah, Cheshire's sister is Peter's friend. But that's where the connection ends. So I talked to my friend Jen Shupe about it, and asked her what character should replace Cheshire. She suggested I take out Deadpool because M'gann would be disturbed by Wade's mental state. The way I saw it, Sportsmaster and Cheshire needed to be replaced by two Marvel characters that had a personal connection to Peter. Two characters who were antiheroes. Antiheroes with a connection to Spidey who weren't afraid to get their hands dirty. I had Black Cat. But now I needed the perfect male antihero. I almost considered Punisher. Although Frank Castle sees Peter as a lawbreaker, he'd develop some form of respect for the kid, and would probably be pissed that a double-crossing friend would kill a good guy. Especially since Frank knows what it's like to be double crossed by a friend. I almost considered Prowler because of Into the Spider-Verse, and Aaron probably has a respect for Peter. But then, there was Wolverine. He is the antihero that's the best there is at what he does, and what he does isn't very nice. This X-Man has been a longtime ally of Peter's. They've teamed up multiple times. Jen and I agreed, if Logan found out that Peter got killed by Kaldur, he'd be pissed. So thanks to Jen, Wolverine and Black Cat became the Marvel antiheroes that took Cheshire and Sportsmaster's place in almost killing Aqualad and Black Manta. As for Endgame, I'd been planning on killing off Quicksilver instead of Wally. I didn't want that dude to die. So I had Quicksilver heroically sacrifice himself, and even wanted him saying the last thing he said to Hawkeye in Age of Ultron, "You didn't see that coming." Fun fact, I finished writing the Endgame chapter on the morning I was going to watch Avengers Endgame with Dad. What a co-inky-dink! As for the epilogue? I just wanted to think of something to close it out, so I decided to just do a chapter based on a roleplay I did with MyGirl_BCanary. The roleplay was, "What if The Joker accidentally shot Commissioner Gordon instead of Barbara?" Scary, eh? Except it's with a hungry Spider-Man. Now that I'm done with this story that has been nearly two years in the making, what do I do now? I'm open to a third story. I've made big changes. Now that Lex Luthor is in prison, there isn't any rich villain that can interfere with the Justice League or any other Marvel team from stopping Metahuman trafficking in foreign countries, especially in Markovia. Of course, they'd probably have a problem with costumed heroes in their country, so it wouldn't be too different. I've mentioned that I love Into the Spider-Verse. Maybe I could feature Miles Morales. Of course, because SPOILER ALERT! Jason Todd is alive in YJO, I could do a Red Hood subplot. But, I ended on a cliffhanger with my second Kevin Beaumont story. I better get to work on that. Also, I'm planning on doing a sequel to Shadowing Times. I just have to wait for CharaDemonChild to finish the epilogue. Still, I got a lot to work on. But until then, thanks for hanging in there with me.

T.G.