Chapter 12

Hope's P.O.V.

I'm still cutting myself. My wrists are covered in blood. I'm crying even harder now. I finally stop and decide to take a shower. I look at my wrists and there are cuts everywhere. They sting. I throw on a pair of sweatpants, a shirt and my slippers. I check my phone, it's 8:30. I climb into bed and unlock my phone. The first thing I notice is my 30 new messages. 29 from Michelle, I delete those and 1 from a random number. I open it.

Dear Hope,

Hi! It's Jake...

I stop after that sentence. "Jake? Who's Jake?" I thought. Then I remembered Jake from Language Arts! "He's kinda cute.." I thought to myself. I kept reading.

Dear Hope,

Hi! it's Jake... I'm sorry for just randomly texting you like this but I just had to tell you this. To be honest I have liked you for a very long time and after I heard what Brent and Ethan did to you I wanted to punch them both. I think you are a great girl and really cute. Text me back?

-Your LA friend Jake

I replied.

Jake-

Hi! I got your text and I think you are cute too and you seem like a cool guy. But I don't know if I like you yet. I mean, we haven't really ever talked. We just have Language Arts together. That's it. Talk to you tomorrow in class? 😊

-Hope

I pressed send and a few minutes later I got a text. And it was from Jake.

That sounds cool. Talk to you in class! -Jake

I locked my phone and decided to go to bed.

*THE NEXT MORNING*

I woke up to my alarm. It was 6:30. I got up put on a black crop top, Skinny jeans and then my vans. I put on a sweatshirt to hide my scars. I went into my bathroom and did my makeup. I put my hair into a messy ponytail and put a tiny bow into it. I grabbed my phone, my bag and went to my car. When I got to school, it was so boring. My classes were long and basically the same as the day before. When I got to Language Arts I saw Jake, I sat next to him.

"Hi Jake." I said and waved at him.

"Hey Hope." He flipped his Brown shaggy hair and I saw his perfect hazel eyes.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Um, I'm okay. How about you?" He asked me.

"I'm okay. A little alone but I'm okay." I smiled at him. The teacher then came in and class started. All throughout class we passed notes. It was kinda cute. He was so bad at flirting but He made me blush too. When class got out I raced to my locker and out of school.

*2 WEEKS LATER* (STILL HOPES P.O.V)

It was perfect. He was perfect. I was on my way to lunch, thinking about Jake when I ran into Michelle. We traded glances and kept walking. I was still kinda mad at her for what happened. During lunch I sat with My friends and then went to my next class. I couldn't wait for language Arts. These past two weeks have been great. I've been talking and texting Jake a lot. I like him a lot too. I went to my locker grabbed my book and went to Language Arts. When I walked in Jake was sitting there looking cute as ever. When I sat down I smiled at him and he handed me a note. I opened it and read it.

Hope- I have had a lot of fun texting you and talking to you for the past two weeks. Your a great friend but I wish we were more than that. So.. If you like me back and if you get my drift.. Will you go out with me?