Chapter 10

Hope's P.O.V

*Bang! Bang!*

"Hope wake up!! And unlock this goddamn door!" I heard outside my door.

"Ugh, found my stepdad." I thought to myself. "GO AWAY!" I shout.

"IM SERIOUS HOPE! IF YOU DONT OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW I WILL BREAK IT DOWN AND BEAT YOU!" He shouted.

I shivered. I remembered what happened last time my stepdad beat me. I ended up with bruises everywhere, i could barely walk. "Fine!" I get up and unlock the door. "It's unlocked." I told him.

The door then whipped open and my stepdad walked in. "Make me breakfast." He said.

" Where's mom?" I asked him with a snotty look on my face.

"she had to go to work. So I didn't get breakfast yet this morning. Now go!" He said and pointed to the door.

"why can't you make yourself breakfast for once?" I asked him while climbing back into bed.

"Because that's what children and Wives are for. Now go!"

I sighed walked downstairs and started making breakfast.

*30 minutes later*

"Here you go. Eggs and bacon." I handed my dad the plate and started walking away.

I went upstairs and got changed.

*BEEP BEEP*

Hope, can you come over? It's important.

- Michelle

I text back.

Hey Michelle,

Sure. Just let me get out of the house first lol. Be there in 5.

-Hope

I sent the message, grab my bag and walk downstairs. I'm almost out the door when my stepdad stops me at the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked while crossing his arms.

" uh, Michelle's house. Why do you care?" I said.

"I haven't seen you for 9 months. I think we should catch up." He starts to crack his knuckles.

"Um, no I'm okay. Nothing really happened over those 9 months. " I race to the door and try to unlock it. The key is jammed.

" No, really. I want to know everything that happened." My stepdad starts to walk over to me and he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I scream but he covers my mouth. He takes me to the kitchen and throws me onto the table, which breaks and I fall onto the ground.

He throws a punch at my face. And another. He's shouting at me.

" YOU LIKE GETTING PREGNANT? HUH? YOURE A SCREWUP! NOBODY WILL EVER LOVE YOU, EVER!" He shouts in my face and then punches me again.

I try to fight back but he's too strong. I'm crying now and hurting. I barely get up but he kicks me in the stomach and I fall back down. He's still shouting.

" YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PEICE OF SHIT! NO WONDER YOUR REAL DADDY'S GONE! I MAY BE MARRIED TO YOUR MOTHER BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE MY STEPDAUGHTER! EVER!"

He kicks me a few more times then goes upstairs and into his room. I struggle to get up and get outside. I climb into the drivers seat and drive to Michelle's house. I'm crying nonstop. Halfway to Michelle's house i stop driving and text her.

Michelle-

Something came up, sorry can't come over today. Tommorow?

-Hope

A few minutes later my phone beeps. It's from Michelle.

Hope,

Hey, yeah sure. Tommorow. :) -Michelle

I drive to the park. I hang out there for the day. It's 3pm now. Mom should be home. I drive home and go into my room. As I'm cleaning myself up and trying to cover my bruise, I remember that the table broke earlier!