Look What You Made Me Do

"Joe! What are you doing in there?"

Dianne leaned back on her pillow, staring at the door to Joe's walk-in wardrobe. He had been in there for a few minutes, rummaging around, and had told Dianne simply to be patient. But that would only last so long.

"Two minutes!" came Joe's reply. Dianne sighed and picked up her phone. Finally hearing the doors close again, she looked up with a confused expression.

"I thought you were getting ready for bed. You're still dressed."

Joe shook his head, smiling. "I was just... working something out. I've got a surprise for you."

Dianne was intrigued. Joe looked bashful, pushing his hair back off his face nervously, as he stood, toes wriggling in white socks, at the side of the bed. He took his phone out and found what he was looking for. Music began to ring out and Joe looked up at her. "Don't laugh, alright? It's the first time I've ever done anything like this by myself."

Dianne nodded. Sitting up, she couldn't help the huge grin that spread across her face as Joe danced his way through a jive routine he had choreographed himself. She picked up her phone to film a little of it, her hand naturally coming to rest over her heart as she watched him. The dance ended and Joe looked down at the ground for a moment.

"What did you think?"

Dianne threw back the covers and got out of bed. Walking over, she wrapped her arms firmly around him and kissed his cheek. "I think that was absolutely amazing. Oh, you're so cute!" She kissed his forehead, her dimple deepening as she smiled widely. "Have you been working on that for long?" She squeezed him tight, barely an inch of space between them.

Joe shrugged. "A few days? I know how busy you are and that you wouldn't want to come home and teach me, but I wanted to dance so I thought I'd learn something new and surprise you. Did you really like it? You're not just saying that?"

Dianne looked up, brown eyes meeting blue. "Joseph, it was amazing." Joe's hands found her waist, rubbing her sides up and down.

"Well, it's not finished yet. But cool. OK."

He began to walk off, but Dianne grabbed his hand and pulled him back into her. "What?" Joe asked, looking at his girlfriend's beaming smile.

Dianne shook her head. "You have absolutely no idea how adorable you are, do you?"

"Nope. You can tell me if you like."

Dianne grinned, and leaned in, gently pressing her lips against Joe's. "You're so cute. Do you know what I love most?" She played with his hair, running the blonde ends through her fingers. "I love how much you like to dance. I can see how happy it makes you. And that just makes my heart go all warm. I'm so proud of you."

Joe smiled. Playing with Dianne's fingers, he looked at her. "You know, I feel the same way when I see what you're doing with your YouTube stuff. It makes me so happy that you're enjoying it."

"Are we becoming the same person?" Dianne asked. "Are we that couple?"

Joe shook his head. "Absolutely not. We just like sharing the things we love with one another. That's all." He paused, stroking through Dianne's long ponytail. "I think it's nice."

Dianne smiled, leaning into his body. "Me too."

///

Joe quickly got undressed and climbed under the covers. Automatically putting his arm out, he smiled as Dianne leaned into his body, resting her head on his shoulder.