Shiro's "Ex" Fiancé

It was a quiet day at the castle of lions. Hunk was cooking, Keith and Lance were training, Allura and Coran were in their rooms, and Shiro and Pidge were talking about family and friends back on earth.

"I wonder how my family will react when I return back to earth.." Pidge said, almost to herself.

Shiro nodded in silent agreement. Pidge stared at him as though she was deciding something.

"Do you... have family back on earth?" Pidge asked, staring at Shiro.

Shiro stared off into the distance. "I had Adam.."

Pidge, for the first time in a long time, looked puzzled. "You 'had'? What do you mean?"

Shiro looked at her, seeming unfazed. "When I left for the Kerberos mission, he told me I shouldn't expect him to be there when I got back."

Pidge looked at Shiro with a confused look. "Is he like, your brother, a friend?"

Shiro looked away from pidge. "He's my ex-fiance."

Pidge looked at Shiro with a blank stare. Shiro turned and stared back at her.

"I hope you two get reunited when we finally get back to earth.." Pidge said.

Shiro looked surprised, then thanked her. Shiro smiled at her, and Pidge smiled back.

Shiro excused himself from the conversation, stood up, and walked to his room, all the while smiling, thinking about earth, and wishing for the day in which he would be able to see Adam, and apologize.

Sorry it's short..

Please tell me if you hated it (or liked it) or have any suggestions..