Do you remember...?

Adam made tea in the staff room in the Garrison. After it was finished, he placed it on the table. He stared at his cup of tea, waiting for it to cool down.

-FLASHBACK-

Adam was sitting at the bar-like table, when he suddenly head the door slam. He turned around, only to see his fiancee, Takashi.

"Everything okay?" Adam said, turning his entire body to face Takashi.

Takashi threw his bag onto the couch and sat down beside it.

"Iverson thinks I shouldn't be a part of the mission." Takashi said loudly, looking at his hand.

"Called in the big guns.. Admeral Sandes showed up and tried to convince Sam to remove me from the crew." He continued, getting angry.

"Well.. Maybe he's right. Maybe you shouldn't go on the mission." Adam said, picking up his coffee.

Adam sighed. "You'll only be putting yourself at risk.."

"You know how important this is to me! It's worth the risk." Takashi said, raising his voice.

Adam set down his coffee, making a small clinking sound.

"Takashi... How important am I to you? Every mission, every drill. I've been right there with you."

Takashi looked toward Adam, who was now looking away.

"But this is more than a mission." Adam continued, "This time your life is at stake--"

"Don't start that again, Adam! You don't need to protect me! This is something I need to do for myself.." Takashi said, again raising his voice.

"There's nothing left for you to prove. You've broken every record there is to break." Adam said, standing up, his back still facing Takashi.

"I know I can't stop you, but I won't go through this again." Adam turned to face Takashi.

"So if you go, don't expect me to be here when you get back." And with that, Adam left.

-FLASHBACK END-

He sighed, and picked it up. He pressed the rim of the cup to his lips, and let the cool liquid slide down his throat.

It's cold? How long have I been sitting here..? Adam thought to himself, looking at the clock.

I've been here for 20 minutes? Good thing it's my lunch break... Adam thought, standing up.

Adam felt a tear run down his cheek, followed by several more. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and picked up his cup.

I hate flashbacks... Adam thought, with a scowl, placing his cup in the sink.

He quickly washes the cup, then turns around and hurries to get to his next class.

A/N

Hey Space Children! Sorry for the lack of updates on this. Hopefully I will get into a a good update schedule soon. Anyways.. Hope you enjoyed it!