The Hologram

Adam sighed as he layed in his room. He knew Takashi was never coming back, because he was most likely dead. And Adam knew that even if Takashi was alive and he did come back, he had made his choice when he left.

Takashi was fully aware of what Adam had said, and he still left. Adam looked at his hand and sighed.

I should take this stupid ring off.. He thought to himself.

As he was about to take of the engagement ring, the hologram box on his desk received a message.

Adam got up and played the hologram. It was a voice hologram.

"Hey, Adam...."

It was Takashi! Adam was silent, and he let the recording play.

"I know that I left... and that you may hate me but I still lov--"

His voice was interrupted by static. Adam smiled despite not being able to hear his voice anymore. He's still alive.

The static stops after a couple seconds, leaving the room quiet.

"This message was recorded and sent on **/**/****."

Adam stop smiling and felt his stomach drop. That was sent 4 months
ago.

Several thoughts filled Adam's mind. How come it took so long for it to reach me..? Was he that far from earth..? He was going to say I love you... What if he doesn't mean it anymore?!

Adam looked at his hand once more. He ran a finger over the small silver band, that was his engagement ring.

Guess I should keep this on. He thought.

Adam smiled to himself and went to lay back down. He played down on his bed and turned over on his side.

Maybe there is hope for us after all...