Chapter 9 // Lucy Lane

That evening, when Lena, Maggie and Alex are still training, Kara decides it's time to relieve Lena from the training for a little time and talk about some things. Like how things are going. And stuff like that. So with a smile plastered on her face she walks to the garden. She calls out "Lena!" Which makes Lena land in front of her. "How are you doing?"

Lena smiles brightly and says "Great! Thanks for asking. What are you going to do?"

Kara simply says "I am going to help Winn to become a real demon. Learn his job and stuff. Since Alex is already in use somebody needs to do it. And who is better than me?"

Lena smile doesn't falter and says "Yes, you are absolutely right. It's a smart decision that you are going to do it. So- Good luck." She winks and flies up again.

When Kara walks away she  groans because that was awkward. She quickly makes her way inside to her study. Trying to take her mind off things. Before she walks to her study she goes by Winn's room and asks for him to join her. Which he happily obliges to, he was only watching Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

This is the day she is going to teach Winn how things are done, since Lena has her own mentor, Alex, and Winn also needs somebody of the same ranking or higher. She sits down in her big chair behind her desk and motions for Winn to sit down and grabs a report. With one swift moment the report is duplicated and Winn stares at her in awe. She gives him the report and says "Just read it and give your opinion about what I should do. The intention is to make the person's life better."

She reads the front page 'Lucy Lane' she sighs. Since she is probably daughter of Sam Lane. A guy who still needs- He needs karma. So if she is a daughter, than that means she can hurt him. She reads the information and comes to the conclusion that whatever she is going to do she needs to make sure she and her sister get a better relationship. Well, give them a nudge to have a better relationship. She also knows that she is a Major in the army so giving her a promotion and Sam a demotion is pretty possible. 

She goes to the real report part 'Lucy is pretty alone. She doesn't have many friends and the relationship with her sister and father are bad. Her father cares for her but has never done much for her. Lucy is quite smart and a great leader if given the right opportunities. My advice is to repair her relationship with her sister. Or try to.'

Kara sighs, that's way too short for advice. She looks at Winn who already has his report closed. She smiles at him and says "Good that you read it quickly. Now I need your opinion about your report and after that your advice."

Winn stays silent for a second but he speaks up "I- I think the report was bad. The person who wrote it didn't do a good job and with the advice given I wouldn't chose it in the end since it just isn't good. My own opinion- I need to think about that." Kara nods and says that he can take all the time he needs.

About three minutes later Winn speaks up again "I think you should give her a promotion. And make sure that she gets stationed in the city where her sister lives."

Kara smiles and nods "Good advice, now for the fun part. Sam Lane is a bad guy, what do you think is smart to give him karma."

Winn face lights up and he excitedly says "Demote him! Give Lucy his job! Make sure he is removed of all his ranks and medals. Since he did something bad... like stealing money from the army."

Kara nods "Good, good. You know someday you need to do this alone. And I think Maggie gave great advice about you. You truly know how to do this."

Winn smiles brightly but it dims as he asks "Are you truly the Devil?"

Kara sighs and looks down "Some days I don't know it anymore. I- I do the job of a God, which I am. But I- I- When I learn to love I will be the real God. Until then I will call myself the Devil since I am incapable of loving people. And I hope I can learn to do it. But Lena, she is the part of the prophecy who will make it possible for me." 

Winn sits there with raised eyebrows and asks "You are not capable of loving people?" Kara shakes her head "But- you care about people right?" A nod from Kara "Than that is for now enough. You truly care about humanity otherwise you wouldn't be doing this. Whoever God is now isn't a real God. I will always follow you, since you deserve it. You do things with your powers nobody imagined you would do."

Kara nods and chuckles "Well, little brother. You are wiser than you look."

Winn suddenly exclaims "Hey! I look wise!" 

Kara shakes her head and with that they fall into a playful banter. Maggie was truly right. Winn is her little brother, and he is perfect at it. Just like he is really good at his future job, which makes Kara quite happy. At first she thought he wouldn't be good at his but she was wrong. He is truly good at it. The days are truly getting different for Kara. A couple days ago she met Lena for the first time with talking. And now she has a little brother extra. It's truly a crazy life, but does she care? Absolutely not.