Chapter 11

A/N: this gif is Roger's mood in the chapter. Kind of sad/annoyed. And imagine that picture of Ben as Ben!Roger, as he is waking up at the beginning of the chapter
WARNING: none, it's mainly just fluff I guess
WORDS: 3.9k +

9k +

KENSINGTON, LONDON, 1975

Sarah walked into the bedroom with a cup of tea in her hand. It was still early, an orange glow filled the room as the morning sun shone through the curtains. Roger was still asleep when Sarah left to make some tea. She had slept together with him in his bed, the first time since they officially had become a couple. And even though she had spend the night there before, for some reason it felt different now. She had woken up a couple of times through the night, whilst Roger seemed fast asleep (he always slept through pretty much everything). He had his arm wrapped around her waist for some part of the night, for some part he had been snoring softly and also had been mumbling things in his sleep, probably caught up in a dream. She couldn't make out the words he was saying, though. As she woke up at 7:12 that morning she decided to get out of bed and make some tea, pretty sure she wouldn't be able to catch more sleep anyways.

When she returned to the bedroom she placed the cup of tea on her nightstand, trying not to make too much noise. As she crawled back into the warm bed and sat up against the headboard she noticed Roger shifting next to her. He turned from his side on his back, sighing and groaning a little as he pulled the covers over his head. The light was apparently bothering him.
"Time's it?" He mumbled from underneath the soft cotton.
"Morning, sleeping beauty." Sarah grinned. "It's almost half seven." She said as she took a sip of her tea. He just gave another groan in reply.
"Did you sleep well?" She asked.
He nodded slightly in response. "Yeah, slept like a baby, actually." He replied in his hoarse morning voice and started to lower the sheets from his face. "How 'bout you, love?" Roger asked as he looked up at her.
"Alright, woke up a lot of times during the night..." she placed her cup on the nightstand again. "How are you feeling?"
Roger sighed. "Bit sore. It's like I did a crazy workout or something yesterday.. my abs feel sore and my face feels a little puffy."
"It looks a bit puffy... and bruised..." Sarah replied as she looked at his face. "You should take it easy today."
Roger nodded a little and placed his arms above the sheets, resting his hands on his torso. His blonde hair looked messy and was sticking in out in all different directions.