Chapter 20

A/N: this chapter will consist of a lot of snippets, showing how they're getting their relationship and life back on track after the tragic accident. also a little disclaimer. Non one this stuff is historically accurate when it comes to dates and locations. I'm just going for whatever flows best for the storyline. Mostly keeping to the bo rhap time line but mixed with real life events. Just a heads up. But I guess most of you already knew that ;)
WARNING: smut, language
WORDS: 5.1k +

It had been a couple of weeks since the miscarriage

It had been a couple of weeks since the miscarriage. Sarah was allowed to leave the hospital the next day since she was recovering quickly, physically that was. The band wanted to end their recording sessions at Ridge Farm right away and go back home but Sarah insisted on staying. She didn't want them to give up recording because of her. So they stayed in Ruspur for another two weeks before returning to London. John had also proposed to Veronica the same night they had returned home. And of course, she had said 'yes'.

Recording might have been finished but now the editing process would start. What vocals do we use? How to overlay them? Which guitars, drums, etc., etc.

Life as a rockstar never stopped. The endless process of writing lyrics, writing music, jamming sessions at studios or just at their homes. Meetings with producers, their manager, record labels. And if they weren't working on new music they probably were playing at another gig or were invited for an event. Being interviewed for a magazine or tv show became more common now as well after their success of Killer Queen and Sheer Heart Attack hitting the charts in the U.K. and US. The press was eager to know about a next album and if it would be just as good. The expectations were high.

They also were often to be found at exclusive after parties at extraordinary homes, fancy hotels or invited for dinner at some expensive restaurant. That was also where Roger and Sarah were to be found now, but this time just the two of them. No other band members, producers or important people from the music industry. Just the two of them as a couple.

THE IVY, LONDON, 10 JULY, 1975

"There you go, madam," Roger said charmingly as he pulled out a chair for her. "You're okay like this?"
"Perfect, thank you." She smiled, biting her lip as she checked him out as he took a seat opposite her. He was wearing flared jeans, a black and white striped button up (with the first five buttons undone, as always) and a cream coloured blazer with a few vibrant birds embroidered in an oriental design. Sarah herself was wearing a short, golden silk dress with oriental design as well. She had a white fur coat draped over her shoulders and paired the outfit with some matching golden platform sandals. She was wearing the big emerald ring Freddie had given to her some time ago and the silver bracelet he had given to her in the hospital on the night of the miscarriage. She had been wearing it ever since.

The couple looked amazing, gaining a lot of attention and glances from people. Roger noticed the attention but he was getting more and more used it to it. It still was a bit much for Sarah sometimes. They didn't recognise her in public but they'd sometimes recognise her boyfriend and she suddenly was referred as 'the one dating Queen's drummer'. Roger also noticed he got Sarah's attention and couldn't help but smirk.