Chapter Five | Small Steps Towards Success

-----------------------------------

fast forward, 1 and a half year later.

-----------------------------------

Year 1998

Your relationship with Chris is still going strong. You have your work now as an intern of Medical Technologist at Massachusetts General Hospital. It was tough being a medical practitioner and with Chris being away from you but you made it work. See, you are now on the 2nd year of being in a relationship, when you and Chris worked things out.

You still continue to support Chris in his career which is turning out to be a good one. He's being known now.. He continues his work as an actor and he is still in touch with you, but he has never returned home.

He's being serious with the job he has right now. He's pretty occupied these days. He has a lot of things to do. Filming and filming and memorizing and meetings. You miss him but you cannot do anything about it.

But as of right now, he is so happy about his career and he is so happy about your relationship with him.

You still call him and he answers and at night, you both talk to each other nonstop. He also promised to keep in touch. You also have your work and now you guys are both busy but still managed to stay together. You once asked him if he'll come home, and he said he will, once the film is over. You hold on to the trust you keep and you keep holding onto him.

Chris called you today in the morning just when he woke up.

Chris : Babe?

You : Goodmorning, love!!

Chris : Goodmorning, baby. How are you?

You : I'm pretty fine, I'm okay, still missing you.

Chris : I miss you too baby. By the way, I'm going to make an appearance on The Fugitive, a remake of the 1960s series and feature film starring Harrison Ford. It's official, babe. In the episode "Guilt", I played the son of a small-town sheriff who tries to exact revenge after Dr. Richard Kimble, incognito as a liquor store owner - refuses to sell me and my friends alcohol, babe it was such a nice thing to shoot. I do have small roles in Cherry Hole too, and The Newcomers. They have a low-budget features but it'll do, we start small, and we start to learn step by step until we make it to the top. I will also appear in Boston Public as a murder suspect. I appeared in my first major feature, Not Another Teen Movie which is to be released in 2001, a spoof on teen comedies wherein I will play a jock who makes a bet that I can turn an unpopular and unkempt girl into prom queen. Sorry I just spoiled it out, it's just I want you to be the first one to know.

You : I'm so proud of you, babe. Look where you are now, you're big.. I'm so proud of you, so much! All your hardwork has been paid!!

Chris : In fact, i'm going to sign the papers later, Today is gonna be the day I officially become an actor.

You : Don't forget me. Please.

Chris : I won't. I always have your picture in the back of my phone and I have your picture in my wallet.

You : I appreciate it, babe.

Chris : I love you. I need to go to shower.

You : Okay, do take care.

You hung up the phone and you took a bath too, because you need to go to work too.

Chris' POV

I will meet Director James Allen Bradley today. I took a bath and went off.

I borrowed Bryan's car and went to our meeting place.