Chapter5

Renjun woke up with a dry throat and a pounding headache. He let out a small grunt and shifted, only to be restrained. Renjun tried to shift again  but something was restraining him from moving. A familiar tune was playing faintly in the background; it was muffled. He focused on the song and he came back to his senses as he lifted his head.

The boy finally remembered what had happened and opened his eyes abruptly. He looked down to see his body tied to a chair, tightly. He could feel his arms bruising as the pressure applied on his torso was too hard to even breathe properly. He looked around the room to see a bedroom he slept in last night.

His breathing became rapid as he tried to shift again and again and again until he froze at the sound of the knob turning and the door creaking open from behind.

His eyes widens as he stops breathing. He could feel his heart pound in his rib cage. The music became more clear and it floods through the silence and tension. Renjun remains still as he clenched his fists.

".....but I can't help..... "

Renjun got chills as he could remember the deep voice. The same voice he used to admire, now making his insides crawl. He took a step forward, getting closer to Renjun.

"...falling in love..... "

Renjun was still not breathing. Beads of blood was forming on his palm as his nails dug into the delicate skin. The sound of his heart thumping could be heard across the room.

"...with..."

The person was getting even more close as Renjun could feel him standing directly behind him. His voice was still sensual and smooth as ever but it brought nothing but chills and terror to Renjun.  The brim of his eyes began to flood with unshed tears and he looked constantly down at the carpeted floor.

".....you"

His breath hitched and the hair on his nape stood up. His heart almost lept put of his chest as the voice was now just a mere whisper above his left ear. He could feel his breath on his cheek and the wide grin from the corner of his eyes. His whole body began to shake as he leaned his head forward. The tears began to flow out of his eyes and he began to see spots.

Renjun felt nauseous. He began to hyperventilate and his heart continued to pound . The song was replaced by the ringing inside his head. He couldn't breathe properly as his chest was restrained by the rope and soon, he blacked out.

--

Renjun woke up again. This time,  feeling better and lying on a softer surface. He opened his eyes to see his wrists, fastened to the bed post, above his head. His eyes scanned across the room and landed on the broad back of the figure by the window. His breath hitched as he closed his eyes and pretended to be unconscious.

"I know you're awake"

His monotone voice was almost soothing him in a way but Renjun remained still. His eyes closed tight. Lucas let out a small chuckle and walked to the other side of the bed.

Renjun's feet began to turn cold as the bed dipped, letting the information of being in the same bed as his kidnapper sink in. He tried to even his breath so that he doesn't pass out again.

Renjun flinches as he could feel something brushed against his wrist. His brows furrowed, Lucas was fastening the rope. He thought of the escape plan fast. Kick and run. Simple and effective, he hoped.

The knot was finally done and his wrists were finally free but before he could even lift his foot, Lucas swung his long leg across the boy's thighs and captured both of his wrists with his large hand, pinning them above his head. He could hear a faint chuckle. He tried to wiggle out of the man's grip but only causing Lucas to tighten his grip.