chapter 1 A new beginning

The story takes place in 2012.

Flashback:

I was sitting in the hotel room waiting for my mum to come back from her trip to the city with friends I had been waiting for hours but I didn't mind in fact I was almost used to it by now ever since we got kicked out of our apartment two months ago. I had spent The past few hours passing watching Masterchef and other shows that were on free to air TV and eating Chico rolls and other microwaveable foods I knew it wasn't much but it what we had and what mum worked so hard so we could have it. Mum had been gone for hours she would normally be back by now. there was a knock on the door and it was two police officers and a plain clothed man once the officer and a plain clothed man walked in.

"Rosalina Davidson?" The blonde haired officer asked.

"It's Rosie," I replied out of habit even though I had dropped out of school almost a year ago it was still embedded in my memory when people called me by my first name.

"Well Rosie My name is Daniel and this is Alex a youth worker. And Rosie I'm afraid we have some bad news it's about your mother Samantha Davidson. Ms. Davidson was involved in a high-speed car accident earlier on this evening she was conscious when paramedics got to her but had sustained some massive internal crush injuries and internal bleeding unfortunately she died whilst being transported to a hospital." Daniel informed me.

"No, she can't be she promised she'd take me to see my dad tomorrow," I said half angry half upset but mostly disappointed.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this especially after your mum but if but the fact of the matter is that your only seventeen." Daniel started to say.

"I hate my mum! So what if I'm only seventeen I've practically been looking after myself since I was ten anyway." I said probably only half meaning what I said.

"We know that but the thing is you're still a minor until your seventeen and nine months and since you have no legal guardian we'll have to find you one," Daniel said.

"Which is where I come in, I'll help you find someone and if for some reason they don't work out you can come back to me. Remember Rosie I'll always be on your side." Alex said giving me a hug.

***

"Two foster homes in as many weeks Rosie," Alex said as he opened the door disappointment seeping across his face.

"The first one barely counts I was barely there two days before the eldest started beating me up and that last one you seriously should have done stricter background checks on." I said.

"Well, you may as well stay the night now," Alex said. Taking me in and showing me to my bed

The next morning after breakfast

"Rosie I may have found the perfect couple for you their names are Dean and Lili; they have a one almost two-year-old girl called Lucy and a 16-year-old foster kid Ellie who is absolutely desperate for someone her age around the house. The Dads a lifeguard and The Mums a teacher there both lovely, kind caring, charismatic people " Alex said

"Alex you better not be pulling my leg here," I said just as the doorbell went.

"Deano! Lilli! Good to see you guys" Alex said.

"Alex! And you must be Rosalina." the women I guess was Lili said.

"I prefer Rosie if you don't mind," I said.

"Rosie, Alex has told us so much about you. You're a special kid you know." Dean said.

"Thanks, Dean you surf? What are the waves like today?" I ask. Noticing his board shorts and a casual shirt.