Chapter 5: the emu startled me

Saturday 10:30 AM

"He'll show up Rosie he's got to," Ellie said. It had been 45 minutes since Mason said he was going to meet me and I was beginning to freak out.

" I don't think so maybe he's stood me up," I replied.

"Mason's defiantly stood you up Meg said she saw him and Abi walking around Bondi junction pretty much over each other like a rash I'm so sorry Rose," Jas said giving me a hug I began to cry a little.

"It's strange how the one person I want to talk to right now I can't because I got into a fight with him over this. My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, That I must love a loathed enemy. oh, the sorrow and pain that is an unrequited love " I said sobbing slightly.

"But Yours and Jesse isn't an unrequited love and you can text him," Ellie said handing me my phone.

"I'm so sorry Roe but mum wants me home she's still mad at me for skipping history," Jas said.

To: Messe Jesse.

Is the ours offer still on the table? ~Rosie

My phone buzzed.

Messe Jesse:

Rosie this is your number? OMG! I typed it in wrong I'll ring you. (OH that explains why he didn't ring before)

My phone rang.

"Hey, Jesse," I said trying not to sound to upset.

"What happened did Mason hurt you? Where are you?" Jesse asked picking up on how I was feeling.

"Mason stood me up and just outside Speedo's," I replied.

"Is Ellie with you? I'll be there in ten Just hold on to Ellie."

"Yes, and ok," I reply.

"I'll be there soon 143."

"432 Bye," I said before I took a seat feeling numb.

"Can I get you guys anything?" a waiter asked

"Two vanilla milkshakes, one Berry bomb and the biggest slice of black forest cake you can give," Ellie said I began to sob as Maxi and Jesse walked in. Jesse took the seat next to me and pulled me towards him and let me sob on him.

"Well, He's a dick," Maxi said once Ellie had filled him in on what had happened.

"I can't believe he two-timed me for her you have no idea how bad that makes me feel, it's like I'm a steak and cheese sandwich with sweet onion sauce on it but I've just been thrown in the trash because BBQ Ribs Just went on special," I said.

"Well, I personally prefer steak and cheese over BBQ ribs any day I don't eat pork Except in gelatin," Jesse said as he feeds me a bit of the black forest cake managing to get me to cackle a little.

"There's the Rosie we all know and love would you and Ellie like to Join me and Jesse for a day at the zoo my treat," Maxi said.

"I'd love too but three things first help me finish all this cake let me take a shower and change because judging from your shirt Jesse I Must look a mess and first things first let me do this," I said popping a kiss on Jesse's cheek.

"What's that for?" Jesse asked.

"for dropping everything to come and see me," I said

"You were upset and there is nothing I wouldn't do to try and get you smiling again," Jesse said.