Chapter 4: school times

Sunday night Dean and Lilli Had called me into the living room.

"So Rosie how would you feel about going back to school tomorrow? I know you only just got here but we managed to Pull some strings together at Ellie's school Reddam House You have an interview before school tomorrow then we'll buy uniform and Ellie could show you around that's if you wanted to." Dean said. This was a lot for me to process Alex had said in our session that going back to school would be a good idea and would help me work out what it was I wanted to do when I finished in 2.5 years or so. Then I Thought about why I dropped out of school in the first place but then Alex pointed out I was being stupid no one knew me here and all my reasons for not finishing school were all Melbourne reasons anyway and I was in Sydney now I thought hard about what we talked about this morning before responding to Dean.

"That's a really good idea and I'd like that," I replied even if I wasn't sure if it was true or not it would still be worth a shot was given how much effort Dean and Lilli had put into it.

***

The next day. In the waiting room of the principal's office.

I was nervous scared and shaking like a leaf Dean had mentioned that the head of senior School just wanted to meet with me to find out who I was and what I liked and to help suss out what classes I would be taking and what year I would go into it was meant to be just casual but that still didn't stop me from being nervous I've had Anxiety problems since year nine and there usually ok but I just couldn't shake them today, I managed to talk myself into being mildly calm in the room.

"Rosalina Davidson, come on in" a man probably about mid-forties with short brown hair got to admit kind of reminded me of the mayor of the Simpsons hee hehe I'm joking love you Mr. Hadso

"I'm Phillip Hadley but you can call me Mr. Hadley." Mr. Hadley said. "This interview is supposed to be relaxed its a semi-informal interview so I really need you to tell me everything honestly, Rosalina as this is your education we are talking about and we all want to get what's best for you and your future. So Rosalina, tell me a bit about yourself and your interests."

"I'm an avid surfer and artist, I love writing cooking soccer I guess you could say I'm slightly more artistically inclined but I'm honestly a bit of an all-rounder as I love Biology and chemistry as well." I said.

"So you'd probably be interested in our surfing aspect of Physical education. Have you thought about what you might like to do when you finish school?" Mr. Hadley asked.

"Um yes, Media/ journalism or something in the Marine Biology field." I said.

"Surfer with all of those interests why am I not surprised." Mr. Hadley said. "Year level wise we would have to put you in year 10 with Ellie even though you've already finished year 10 in the Victorian system as it would be simply unrealistic to expect you to do the whole of year 11 in one term, We'll use this term as a re adjustment into schooling for you, with one line being taken up to help you catch up upon requirements you would have all the same subjects as Ellie except when she has dance you'll have art."

"That seams like a good idea to me." Dean agreed as nodded.

"I would also quite like to finish my Duke of Edinburgh Award if that would be possible?" I said

" Certainly would be Co-curricular sport-wise you'd be set with swimming surfing and Basketball Service-wise what would you do?" Mr. Hadley.

"Clubbies." Dean and I answered simultaneously.

"Well it was lovely to meet you Rosalina I guess you have 30 minutes in which to get your uniform before homeroom starts."

***