Chapter Four

"Lay."

"Yeah. That's me." he replied.

"W-what are you doing here?"

I mentally smack myself for stuttering and for asking such obvious question.

"Finding this dog's owner which I suppose is you." he answered.

"Well that's nice captain obvious." I said yanking the leash from his hands.

A long silence settled after my answer. I decided to leave since I didn't want him in my presence anymore.

"What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I can't take a walk?" I said looking straight into his eyes.

He quickly looked away, avoiding my eyes. He scratched the back of his neck probably because of the awkward atmosphere.

"Sorry." He said and ran away before I can even react.

When he was long gone, I sat down at a bench with one question echoing in my mind.

What is he sorry for?

The next morning, I woke up to an alarm blasting in my ears. I shut it off lazily and suddenly got attacked by a wet tongue licking my face. I giggled and tried to defend myself. Once I was out of the bed, I made my way to the showers and turn on the cold water that I hate so much in the morning. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I wrap my damp hair in a towel and searched for my uniform. I changed into it and dried my hair. After that, I directed myself to the kitchen to find some frozen instant rice sitting on the table. My parent never cared about what I eat at all. Sick of instant food, I grab an apple and left the house.

I arrived at the front. I was looking forward for today since it's Friday and that means that I'll be able to go to that Han shop owner and do some art. I took a deep breath with a smile on my face when suddenly, someone pulled my bag off my back and two buckets of ice cold water drenched me to the bone. I stand there, frozen, as I watched Daehyung grin victoriously and threw my bag to the side. I dropped the half eaten apple to the floor due to shock and finally look down at myself. My white blouse was completely transparent and people could see the bra I'm wearing. I quickly crossed my arms on my chest trying to feel less naked due to the wet blouse. People laughed as they pass by me. I cursed myself for not bringing a coat or something, because I could really use one right now. I walked towards my bag in order to claim it, but someone stop me in my tracks. That someone was Lay. He took off his blazer, wrapped it around me and buttoned the buttons.

"Make sure you don't get a cold Soomi. I'm going. Bye~" he said.

Something felt weird. The way he said my name was different compared to the last time he said it. I watched him as he smiled at me and walked away. He started jogging and turned around to face me with a smile accompanied by a dimple. He waved at me and ran faster. When he finally disappeared from my vision, I felt that my heart was beating incredibly fast. What was happening to me? I wanted to raise my hand to my chest, but it was already there. That's when I realized that I couldn't move my arms because Lay had buttoned the blazer to the collar. What was he thinking? I struggled my way out of the blazer and wore it properly this time. I slung my bag over my shoulder. I headed towards the teachers lounge to see if I could borrow some clothes.

After my trip to the teachers lounge, I headed to my locker to put away my wet uniform along with Lay's blazer. It became all wrinkled since I wasn't careful with it. I then headed to one of my classes, ethics. I arrived at this classroom where I've never been before. I entered and apologized for being late. I went to an empty desk near the front after bowing to show I was sincere about my apology. The class continued on and I was getting really drowsy. When I was about to close my eyes, I felt a sting in the back of my head and I was suddenly awoken. I turned around to see everyone lazily looking around bored as hell like me. I could have sworn that something was thrown at my head. I shrugged the thought away and turned my attention back to the teacher. Another hard object hit my head and I turned around to see Deahyung trying to suppress his laughter. I abruptly stand up as I grabbed my own eraser and stretch my hand back to throw it at him. I see that his eyes widen, surprised by my action.

"Soomi! What are you doing?!" the teacher scolded.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I muttered, but she heard me.

"Principal's office. Now." she growled.

I dropped my eraser on the table and glared at Daehyung. He was smirking evilly at me for getting away with it.

"Teach! You misunderstood. Soomi didn't do anything wrong. Daehyung was throwing erasers at Soomi and she just did that to scare him. Right?" Lay explained and turned to me.

I was standing in front of the door already and I nodded my head. Although I actually did want to throw my eraser, but letting my parents know how I am at school is worse. She eyed me suspiciously as if she could see the truth.

"It's true m'am. I saw Daehyung throwing erasers at Soomi." a person said.

I looked at him and I recognized him. The guy that likes soccer just like me, Luhan. He gave me a kind look and turned back to the teacher.

"Okay. I'll believe you two. Daehyung, principal's office." she ordered.

He stood up. I couldn't read his facial expression. It was blank. He walked towards me as if he were friends with me. He stopped before me and look at me with piercing eyes.

"This was all your plans right? You'll regret it." he hissed.

I looked him with no emotions, but I was scared. My breathing became fast, but I tried controlling it with my best. He was able to show that he was angry and pissed just with his eyes and with his tone. It scared me.

"Daehyung. Go now." the teacher said.

He turned to the teacher and slightly bowed. He gave me one last of his piercing glance before exiting the room. I went back to my seat with everyone looking at me, surprised that I wasn't scared by Daehyung. That's what they thought. Class continued, but my breathing still hasn't returned back to normal. My heart was racing. I haven't felt like this before. He was going to do something bad to me and I know it. In the past, I didn't get any warning and I liked it that way better. It didn't make me feel like I was eating myself from the inside like now.

Soon, class ended and a new rumor started. The new one didn't make much sense like the first one.