Chapter Six

I felt so stupid. I actually thought I should kill myself. I'm sorry grandmother. I'm sorry that I kept disappointing you even after I told you to rest in peace. I promise I won't try to do something so stupid again.

I kept walking in my borrowed dirty uniform around school. The classes have started and I should go to it. I walk into the classroom and apologized for disturbing. I turned to the class and bowed as well. I slowly went to my seat and I lock eye contact with Lay as everyone stared at my uniform. I sat down and opened my notebook trying to listen to what the teacher is saying.

"You alright?" Lay whispered.

I turned to him and looked at him confused. He looked at me since I didn't answer him.

"Are you alright?" he repeated.

"Huh? Oh... Yeah." I replied.

"That's good." he smiled.

I felt like smiling after seeing his smile. He's so different compared to everyone in this school. Everyone talks about me, insults me, torture me and Lay, he just makes me feel comfortable. I liked it, so I returned his smile. He looked back at the teacher and took notes. I did the same.

Soon, class ended and everyone packed their bag packs and rushed out of school.

"Lay." I called before he left.

"Yeah?" he said as he turned around.

"Are you busy tonight?" I asked.

He scratched his head for a while before he shook his head.

"You want to go somewhere with me?" I asked.

"Sure." he brightly answered.

He waited for me to pack my things and he followed me as I try to remember where the arts and crafts store was.

As we stepped onto the artistic street, the sky turned cloudy and dark. The tourist walked at a faster pace to not get caught in the rain, but Lay and I walked like if it was the most beautiful day. We walked in silence until we reached the shop.

"Hello mr Han." I greeted as I stepped inside.

"Hi there. You must be Park Soomi right?" Han asked.

"Yes and I brought a friend." I said and gestured Lay.

"Hello." Lay greeted.

"Alright. Why don't you two come with me?" Han gently pushed us from behind.

We arrived in a studio with wooden tool used to sculpt thing and a wooden table at the center. Han quickly left our side to get two stools and placed them along the table.

"You kids wait here while I got get the clay." the shop owner said.

We sat there in silence as the man hastily went to get the clay. We looked at each other as we exchange a few smiles when Han returned. He placed two chunk of clay wrapped in paper in front of us.

"Here you go. Now you can use any tools in here to sculpt these and when you're done just come and call me. I'll just in the room beside." Han said before cheerfully leaving the studio.

"So this is what you wanted to do tonight." Lay finally said to me since left school.

"I thought I would be lonely if I came alone." I replied.

"I'm glad I can keep you company." Lay said before unwrapping the clay chunk.

I unwrapped mine too and started forming something with the clay.

"What are you making?" Lay asked.

"I'm not sure myself." I smiled.

Like that, we both silently molded the chunk of clay into something comfortably.

After a while, I was done and I stood up to look at my work from afar. With the sound of the creaking stool, Lay stared at my work as well.

"Woah! You're so good!" he exclaimed.

I looked at his and I see that he did the same as me. Just slightly less professional.

"Your unicorn is also very well made." I honestly said.

"Thank you." he said scratching the back of his head.

"We should tell Han ahjussi that we're done and head home. It's getting late." I said.

"Alright. Let's go." Lay smiled.

After letting Han know that we left, we stood outside the shop under a parasol watching the rain shower down.

"Ugh... Why is it raining now?" I complained.

"I know right. None of us have an um- oh wait! I just remembered that I do have an umbrella." he said.

He dug through is backpack and after what seemed like a few minutes, an umbrella was magically pulled out of his bag.

"Here. I'll pass it to you. I live near by here so I wont need it." he said passing the object to me.

He prepared himself to run as fast as he can. He held his bag above his head and He dashed out into the rain.

"Wait Lay!" I called running after him.

He ran towards a shelter and I followed him.

"What's wrong? Why didn't you use the umbrella?" he asked.

"I was thinking that we could use it together. I wouldn't want you to be sick because of me." I answered.

"It's fine. You can use it alone. I won't get sick so don't worry." Lay said as he prepared himself once more to run.

I grabbed his arm and hugged it tightly to keep him from doing that.

"No. I insist. You can't get sick!" I cried.

"Alright then. We'll use it together." Lay said.

He put his bag on his back and gently took the umbrella from my hand. He opened it and went under the rain. He looked back at me and gestured me to join him under the little umbrella he had. I ran to his side and we started walking leisurely and he followed me towards my house.

For a good minute we have been walking in silence. A silence that made me comfortable. Maybe it didn't for him, but it did for me. I secretly took a glance at Lay. I've been making him do what I wanted to do all afternoon and he didn't complain one bit. He didn't even ask about the suicide affair. Other than me, he was the only one who knows about it. I'm really grateful he hasn't told anyone, especially Daehyung.

"Lay?" I said as I look at him timidly.

"Yeah?" he replied as he kept facing the front.

"I want... Um..." I started.

*I can't chicken out now! It's the perfect moment to say thank you!* I thought.

"What is it?" he said as he stopped walking and stood in front of me.

I took a deep breath before I saying anything.

"Thank you Lay for... You know... Keeping the jumping off the rooftop affair a secret and... And... For spending your afternoon with me. You have no idea how grateful I am."

He let out a small chuckle before smiling at me full of heart.

"You know Soomi, you are one very special girl." he said, "C'mon. Let's get out of under this umbrella and run. How is that? You feel like it?"

I brighten at his idea for no reason. I nodded my head and let out a little shriek when I felt massive amounts of rain drops falling on me. Lay had closed the umbrella and started running under the rain not bothering whether he was drenched or not. I run too, forgetting that my outfit was wet for the second time that day. However, it was more cheerful than the first time. I had a feeling in my stomach that made me feel happy and the laugh that was gone long came echoing under the rain again.