Chapter Sixteen

"Water!" I chocked out.

"There's none- excuse me can I have the whole pitcher of water here?" Lay yelled out at the waiters.

"I underestimated this soup." I bitterly said as I fanned my mouth.

"I'm not better than you. I can't take spicy." Lay shivered at his thought.

"You wanna try?" I said through my clenched teeth.

"No thank you Soup." He said without hesitation and took a sip of his own non-spicy soup.

I stared at my soup whether I should take a risk and drink it a little more. The waiter finally arrived at our table with a pitcher of water and I hesitated no more and drunk the whole bowl. I rather suffer immensely once than a little for a very long time. My throat burned and I coughed a little since the spiciness was too strong.

"Woah woah. Calm down. You'll kill your throat like that." Lay said as he passed me a cup of water he poured.

A few tears slid down my face as I drunk the water.

"He-hey, don't cry." He tried reaching my face.

"How can I not cry when I ate something this spicy?" I said with a shaky voice and went for the pitcher since pouring a cup of water would take too much time. "These are not real tears though. Just spicy tears." I said once I put down the pitcher that was almost already empty.

"Are you done eating yet?" I asked him.

"Mhm. Soon." He said eating the vegetable in his soup.

"Good cause I want some dessert." I licked my lips at the thought of eating sweets.

"What do you want for dessert Soup?" He asked, finishing up his meal.

"Are you proposing soup as dessert or calling me Soup?" I frowned as I heard my nickname.

"I don't know." He shrugged with a sly smile. "Since we had something hot for lunch, how 'bout something cold?"

"Ice cream?" I beamed at him.

"Mhm." He mumbled.

"Yes! Bob is buying me ice cream!" I celebrated.

Once we -he- finished lunch, we went to the ice cream parlor next door. The place was nearly empty since it was mid fall. We headed to the counter and started at the sign with all the ice cream flavored that existed.

"Wasabi flavored ice cream?!" I gasped as I stared at the sign. "I never knew that existed..."

"Want to try it? Apparently it's sweet at first but then the after taste is wasabi." Lay commented.

"I've had enough spicy for one day." I shivered at the thought of the soup. "I'll go with Oreo flavored ice cream." I pointed.

"Okay. Go take a seat. I'll order." Lay said.

I chose a table and waited like an excited child. It's been a while since I ate ice cream. I watched Lay as he gave the cashier his card. I suddenly felt bad for Lay. I made him pay for everything when I only cooked for him a simple easy hangover soup in the morning. He was given his card back and smiled at the cashier before walking towards me and sitting in front of me.

"You weren't lonely waiting for me, were you?" Lay smiled again.

I shook my head and looked at him again. He blinked a few times.

"Hey are you okay? You were really excited a few moments ago." He asked.

"I'm fine and you're pretty observant. You can tell easily how I feel." I said.