8

Kit's

"What are you doing here? " It sounded like a deja vu as I remember asking the same question to Preeya this afternoon.

Life surely has a lot in store for me today. As two people, I didn't expect to see just appeared rendering me speechless.

Ming, one arm moved down to my waist, sat next to me, resting his chin on my shoulder, breathe fanning me. "I'm back, "

"What do you mean you're back? " he wasn't supposed to be here until more or less two weeks. Him being here must mean, he abandoned his field studies in Khon Kaen. It didn't sit well with me.

"I mean that I won't be leaving, and you don't have to be alone eating with them anymore. " referring to others, who were sitting closely and low-key tending to each other. He spoke as if his studies was nothing important.

"What about your field study? " I queried, anxious to know about it. I don't like him neglecting it.

Ming gave me a non-commital shrugged and retracted his head. His answer was as unclear as the water in Chao Phraya River. "You know I'd rather fail than miss you. "

"Ming! "

"It can wait, and you can't. Uh. I mean I can't wait any more to be with you." giving me a peck.

I was touched, it sent a warm feeling in me but I was still not okay with what he did. "What the hell? "

"Don't worry, babe. "

"You did not cause trouble, are you? "

"Of course not, I'm nice. "

Still doubtful, I sighed.

"Aren't you happy to see me? " this was surely a deja vu, Preeya question all over again.

"Of course, I am.. " my answer sounded familiar as well. "not. " feigning an angry look. He's used to my language of love —yes means no most of the time.

Pouting, he goaded. "Don't you miss me? "

"We're together over the weekend," I reminded him, in my case, the hickeys and my still soaring ass never fail to do so.

"Were we? " thought for a while, "It feels like it's been years away already. "

"Ming! "

"If you want me to leave then I will—" if there's one thing Kit hates, it is when people guilt tripping him and that excludes Ming, cause he's just adorable and I wasn't going to say it out loud. It will just fuel him all the more.

"It's not that—" not liking Ming being evasive.

"Then just be happy I'm here. "

I heaved an irksome sigh -— I was starting to be annoyed by him. Ming knew it cause he knew me like the back of his hand. Ming propped his elbow, on the table facing me, face few inches from mine. He stared at me with a small smile on his lips — I looked away.

I knew he was going to work his way out of this by acting cute. He was going to work his way out of this with his antics. And no, it's not gonna work this time. I am immune to it, I should be. One year is enough already to develop an immunity.

Touching my chin, he directed my face towards him. "Shit, my boyfriend so damn hot. Right? " egging for approval from the others.

"Not as hot as Beam. " Forth.

"Far from Yo, " Pha.

I pushed his hand away, not breathing a word out.

"Fierce too, just the way I like it. " searching for approval as his gaze went to our audience.

"I'm giving you ten minutes, Ming, before you can thaw the ice in him. " Beam dared Ming. I will deal with him later, I'll have my chance with this denial king.

"I bet for 15 minutes." Pha, joined in. 

"I go for 30," Forth.

And they are all now ganging up on me, I now question my ability to choose friends cause apparently, they are far from friendship goals.

Eyes widened, barked in disapproval. "Minutes? "

Forth shook his head, "Seconds, " Ming relieved, a smile formed on his lips. "It took me ten secs with Beam though. "

He earned a smack on the head from Beam, Forth caught his hand and kiss it — causing the latter to blush and kick Forth who grimaced in pain.

"What do I get from this? " Ming, oozing with confidence.

"Bragging rights. " Pha, suggested.

"No prize money? " Ming, still not resting his case.

"Kit is enough for a prize, don't you think? " Yo, blended in.

If not because of my resolve to ignore Ming, and my ego telling me to not let my boyfriend win, I would have beaten him already so as the rest of these bullies. On the other hand, I was hanging by a thread to my resolve as Ming was just naturally charming not to mention cute.

Was it too much?

"Yeah, more than enough, " Ming was making it difficult for me to stick to my resolve. "Eight secs, free lunch for a week. How's that? " Ming was too confident to win, I was too determine to do otherwise on the contrary.

Everyone nodded. "Deal. "

He propped himself back to his previous position, looking at me, I stared back at him,  curious as to how he planned to do things this time. I was certain it won't work, been there done that. Being with him, had me developed an immunity with his antics, though it doesn't work all the time but it will at this moment.

I am certain.

I have to absolutely be certain.

"Kit, " I raised my brow, face still stoic.  "Smile, if you want to have sex with me. "

Don't smile.

Don't react.

Do nothing.

Don't let Ming get away with it.

You're better than that.

Make it appear you're not affected at all, at least.

No, you're not smiling.

Continue to fake it.

You can do it Kit.

I kept chanting in my mind, cheering myself, refusing to back down — I'm too stubborn for it.

Not a chance, Ming.

But who am I kidding? My boyfriend was just very creative and his tricks work with me ninety nine point ninety nine percent of the time.

I heard our audience wailed mouthing I was too easy for they sense I was at my wit's end for only a couple of seconds.

A smile slowly crept out of my lips, succumbed by Ming's foolishness. "Fuck you, "

"That's what I'm hoping to do, babe. " and winked at me before burying himself on my neck.

--
You're welcome.
How was it?
(。・ω・。)ノ♡