The garden

Time skip of 3 days

David entered the room and walked over to the desk on which the aquarium stood. Looking down he saw Sydney sitting in a corner, her knees pulled up against her chest.

D: I will be taking you outside. 

Sy: Why? 

Because prisoners have a right to some rec time. You will get one hour in my garden. 

After that David picked Sydney up roughly, went outside and put her down at the front of his garden.

I will be over there, reading a book. Use this hour to enjoy the scenery.

Sydney didn't answer but turned around and walked away from him strolling past a gorgeous rosebush. She would rather choke then say it aloud but David had a beautiful garden.
Awing at her surroundings, Sydney didn't see the hole before her and she fell in, tumbling down rather deep and lightly hurting her leg. She tried to stand up but couldn't so she started to yell for David.
David looked at his watch, saw one hour had passed, he got up and went to look for Sydney. Looking around the garden for over five minutes and not finding her, David got angry.

D: Sydney, if you know whats good for you, you will come out of hiding!I know you are still around here because I made sure this garden was escape proof.

No reaction.

D: If you do not come out within one minute, you will be punished!

Still nothing.

D: Fine, be like that. I am going inside. I hope you get soaking wet from the rain that is about to pour down.

David then went inside.
Sydney heard every word he said but unfortunately he could not hear her yelling his name and now he left. It started raining and the water dripped slowly trough the ground, eventually soaking her as David hoped would happen. At least he got what his wished for. It was getting dark and cold.

David started to get ready for bed but he couldn't shake the feeling that Sydney hadn't escaped. He put on his robe, took out a flashlight and went outside one more time to look for Sydney.

D: Sydney, where are you? Give me a sign!

Sydney startled awake from his voice close by , after drifting away into darkness from the cold. Even though she was hoarse from yelling earlier she started calling his name, doubting he would hear her.
David thought he heard a faint voice yelling his name. He went down on his hands and knees and looked around, using his hands to part the grass. A few centimeters to his right he saw a little hole. He laid down on his stomach and peered down spotting Sydney. She was as pale as a ghost.

D: Sydney, I am going to reach you my finger so you can clamp on to it. I think that is the safest way to get you out. 

Sydney saw the massive digit approach and immediately wrapped her arms around it. David feeling her arms around his finger, he slowly began to pull her up. As soon as he had her out of the hole, he cupped her in his hands and held her to his bare chest so she could use his body heat to warm up. She snuggled in to him.
Back inside David filled the kitchen sink with warm, but not to warm water so she could take a bath.

D: I will be right around the corner so if there is something you can call me, okay? 

She only nodded and David left. After about 20 minutes he heard a soft thud and he went to see if she was alright. 

D: Sydney, do you need help? 

Sy: I needed help hours ago but you were so convinced that I did something wrong, which i didn't, so instead of searching a little better you just went inside thinking of ways to punish me.
So no, I do NOT need your help! 

Without another word David picked up Sydney by the collar of her fresh shirt, took her upstairs, set her down in her plastic prison and left, leaving her alone for the rest of the night and part of the next day.