⋆ 6 ⋆

Adrian's awareness about the gas tank didn't come until he was on the monkey already, puttering by the gas station. It fell away into distance shortly as he continued driving down the city with the wind in his face, the smell of car exhaust grilling far up into his nostrils with an odd freshness to it, intrusive like mint.

            The motorcycle wasn't exactly the fastest there was, or the most badass in its form, but it certainly made for a nice and relaxing ride around Brooklyn. He could even enjoy that for a few blocks until he ran into tighter traffic and a car started honking at him, then another one echoed that car towards a different car which he deemed just as annoying as the monkey.

            Adrian swerved into a parking lot, away from the fuss. He didn't even know why that was his sudden plan of action. He was about to dive back into the traffic behind the oncoming tow of three cabs, but the fence to his left caught his attention and got him to kick the foot stand up.

            It was made of iron, grey anyway and dented inwards as if someone had given it a good kick with timberland boots. Rust was building underneath the wires, but most prevalently behind it, was a face.

            Adrian walked forward with his back hunched forward as if he was sneaking up behind a stray dog that would startle at the slightest noise and escape. But since the boy didn't move from the spot, he straightened himself and came to a stop at a polite distance of three feet's length.

            'Hello?' Adrian said tentatively. Then with a clear even voice he added, 'Do you need help to get out of there, or something?' That, he asked not because it was already weird why a lonesome boy would be stuck behind a seemingly abandoned parking lot fence, but because his bony arms were leaning against the fence, his mud-caked fingers winking over the top. In one hand, he held a bottle, brand new but some of the dirt on his hands were printed on the plastic in the form of greasy fingerprints.

            Adrian raised his voice again, 'Sorry, but do you need my-'

            The boy grunted, then held the bottle farther up towards the sky and shook the water inside it.

            'Oh! You need someone to open it? Sure, why ain't you just say so...' Adrian took the bottle from him and almost laughed when the cap eased open with a crisp break of the plastic threads. But when he handed the opened bottle towards the boy he was suddenly unwilling to take it back.

            'Drink. Please.' He said.

            Adrian looked at the bottle, pointed at himself, 'Me?' For a moment he was totally puzzled, especially when the boy just nodded without an explanation.

            But he had to admit that driving around the city had left him thirsty and his last drink must've been three hours back, so he shrugged and drank. He held the bottle bottom farther and farther up, and the emptier it got the more he realised how thirsty he really was.

            At last he teared the bottle from his mouth with a sharp exhale.

            The boy was still there and kept staring at him a little longer, with an expression in his eyes that could be translated into fear.

            They reminded him a little of Hyde's eyes, the shape anyway, two almonds that are a little wider apart from each other. Would they look like this if he felt more than intimidated by his boyfriend? He said those arms looked intimidating, with veins bulging out as if he was stocked on steroids.

            Would he use the power he had in those arms for worse? Abuse it by abusing Hyde? It was fairly possible that Byron had Hyde pinned to a wall at this very moment, choking him with consent at first but then pretended he didn't know if Hyde's squeals to stop were really serious or just part of the play.