Chapter 3 - Unexpected

"Excuse me?"

And of course they did not hear me.

"I don't mean to interrupt that little intimate moment that you guys are sharing, but you guys are blocking my way," I say a little louder this time to catch their attention.

They finally broke the kiss, clearly not happy.

"You can simply walk out from there," the jerk stated pointing behind me, irritation evident in his voice.

"That's my bicycle over there," I tried to fake a smile.

------------------

"Tyler and Isaac will then take the lead. But there's still something missing. I - I just can't get a hol-"

"Hey, hey shush! We'll figure this out together, okay?" I cut Amber off, rubbing her back reassuringly.

"It's just that, I should have been done with the choreography by now and we just have a month left. A - and I'm freaking out."

"Don't! Just take deep breaths, alright."

"Yah..." Amber sighed, relaxing a bit.

She then took deep soothing breaths to calm her nerves.

"Alright, guys let's try this again," I said as everyone agreed and took there positions.

The music began as I forgot all my worries and lost myself in it. I glided effortlessly across the dance floor and positioned my feet in the fifth position and slided both feet into the second position to perform an enchappe.

I slowly moved to the back and stood on one foot while the other was raised up along with my arms, as Amber and Mason steped in.

Just as Mason was about to pull Amber up in the air, the music stopped. All of our heads turned to Kenzy who had the unplugged wire in her hands.

"Guys, this is not happening. This needs more work and changes. Amber you need to come up with a choreography fast!" Kenzy blurted out.

"It's just... I - I - I'm sorry!" Amber sighed before storming off to her room.

"Ugghh! I didn't mean to hurt her. I swear!" Kenzy said letting herself fall on the couch.

"I'll go check up on her," I said.

They all nodded.

"I think I'll leave," Tyler muttered.

"Me too," Mason and Isaac added at the same time.

I was about to walk to Amber's room when Kenzy stopped me.

"You sure you can handle her?" she asked worry blazing in her eyes.

"Yes, don't worry just head home." I gave her a reassuring smile.

I walked up the narrow staircase, nearly dropping a flower vase, and headed straight towards the door at the right.

I thought I would have to encounter silence but instead I was met by the words, "Go, I'm fine..."

I gently sat down on her bed beside her as she lied on her side, facing the wall.

"You remember that one time in middle school when there was this big test coming and you freaked the hell out?" I whispered sensing the delicacy of the situation.

"Yah I legit had a panic attack and had to take pills," she added, turning to face me.

"Yes, but you aced it remember?"

She nodded as her red eyes fell on mine.

"Amber you stress out too quickly you know? It's just when you are in control that you take charge of the situation and bring the best out of it. I know all of this can be hectic considering this is the first time we got the chance to represent out school for the talent show instead of the members of the music club. But we will figure this out okay?" I gently stroked her hair.