Chapter 4 - Payback

I know it's not Friday or Saturday yet, but... Here you go enjoy! ( because you guys rock)

***

Breathe... Breathe...

I kept reminding myself.

I could see him smiling at me. His emerald eyes were hidden beneath those dirty blond locks of hair.

I was able to get a glimpse of his eyes which behold so many emotions that I could not put a name to. But then I looked. I looked closely to see that smile was not a cheerful one. There was sadness in those eyes.

And the sorrow was more evident as his figure kept retreating until it was just a mere silhouette which vanished into the mist. My heart ached as I whispered, "Don't leave me..."

But, once again I was all alone.

My eyes budged open when I heard my bedroom door open.

"Rise and shine sleepy head! You're late yet again," Jasper yelled from the doorway. I sighed and sat up.

Another nightmare. Another sleepless night.

I quickly got up pushing the tiredness away and got ready for school.

----------------

I reached my first class which had to be the one I dreaded the most. Maths...bummer!

My eyes widened as I realised that the guy who was supposed to sit behind me was not there and instead it was the jerk who replaced him.

"What do you think you are doing here?" I asked.

"Oh hey there. Nice to meet you too, Cherry," he replied without sparing me a glance as he kept himself busy with his phone.

He finally looked up and continued, "Isn't it obvious? I'm here to attend the class."

"No shit Sherlock," I rolled my eyes.

"This is not your seat," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well, now it is."

Before I could protest Mr. Davis entered the class so I took my seat avoiding any conflicts that might cause me to get a detention.

"It's Dove," I said annoyed. It was very irritating when someone pronounced your name incorrectly but here this douche bag totally uttered a whole new name. I thought he remembered? I could feel a slight hurt. Why?

I internally slapped myself at that thought. It shouldn't matter.

"I know."

Oh...

Again, I had to fight back the sleep that tried to overtake. But the fact that Mr. Davis had this tone that made you want to fall asleep even more,did not help. Honestly, this man dragged every single word he uttered so much that one could confuse it with lyrics of some sort.

My eyes jerked open as I felt a kick in the back of my chair. I looked back glaring at the jerk and mouthed a "what?"

He smirked and pointed at the foot of my chair. I looked down to see a crumpled piece of paper. I rolled my eyes and looked in front trying to concentrate once again.

But of course there was another kick and another until I finally gave in and picked up the paper. His smirk grew wider with contentment. Jerk!

I rolled my eyes as I read what was written - "Was it the thought of me that happened to seize your sleep last night?"