Chapter 11 - Partners

"I'm back," I announced as I closed the front door behind me.

"Your loud foot steps made that pretty evident," Jasper replied from the couch.

I shrugged taking a sit beside him. "Why are you mad?" he asked.

I shrugged again. He looked at me for a while hoping for an answer but finally gave up and focused back on the television. He kept changing channels and my eyes landed on one particular person at that moment.

"Hey get back to that channel," I exclaimed while swallowed the lump that formed.

He obliged. And that's when I saw him again. It was him, after all. The same green eyes, but an older version of him than the one I was accutomed to. The interviewer kept asking questions and I picked up on one.

"How do you feel, now that the construction of the most luxurious hotel have finally been completed?"

"Excited. We will be having a grand opening soon," he smiled.

I got up rushing to my room without a word.

I looked up the internet to find more about this hotel. Luxurious Suits, that's what it was called. The grand opening. That could have been my chance to meet my father. My only chance.

There was no mention of when the opening would be held so I followed the page to be updated.

I sighed and let my body fall on top of my bed, closing my eyes. I was unaware of how long I had drifted apart until the door to my room burst open. I looked up to see Amber standing at the doorway.

Before she could utter anything, Kenzy  burged in shouting, "Get your ass out of that bed right now!"

With that she left without much of an explanation, leaving me confused. Amber smiled sheepishly before adding,"We will be rehearsing."

As I made my way to big room where we usually rehearse I was utterly shocked.

Everyone was there. Not just my group of friends but our new teammates aka rivals were there too. Since when did my words come in handy?

"Stop giving that look alright. It's high time we should start taking this seriously. So yeah, here we are," Natalie explained. I just managed to nod.

"So what's the plan?" Aiden asked.

"I guess we'll have to figure that out," Amber answered.

"Did you guys like come up with some sort of a proper choreography?" Natalie inquired.

"Oh, you know you can't just do that without deciding the song first," Kenzy replied sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, I have done this before but I don't know why this still feels like it requires some more work and changes, " Amber sighed.

"Well maybe because it does," Natalie added rolling her eyes.

"Okay, we are doing this again. Just stop already. We don't have time," I said in a low voice, grabbing everyone's attention.

"We did come up with a song. Wait let me play, " Rylan said playing a video.

I had to admit. They were hands down, talented. No wonder they were selected to perform in this talent show every year. The music was soothing to the soul and appropriate for this year's theme.

"Alright so here's what we can do. I think according to this year's theme it will be sensible for all of us to partner up. And the dance too needs to be in a slow pace," I said as everyone nodded.