Chapter 10 - Games

I squealed in delight as the food arrived. Was there anything better than a mouth watering meal?

Of course not, silly!  My subconscious answered for me. I hovered over the food taking a handful of fries and stuffed as much as I could into my mouth, letting the salty goodness take over my taste buds.

"Damn! You really are hungry," Xavier muttered shaking his head. I didn't fail to catch the hint of a small smile playing on his lips. Something must have been wrong with my eyes.

I shrugged munching on my food.

"Just because you got us out of the detention doesn't mean you can get away with what you did," I said with a pointed look.

"Didn't I say you will have to pay?" he smirked, taking a bite from his burger.

He was not wrong.

But me being the stubborn girl that I was, couldn't just let him get away with that. That would have been unhealthy for my ego.

You will have to pay, as well.

I ignored his remark and focused on consuming the heavenly manna in front of me.

"Do you want to play a game?" he asked arching his brow. His eyes were expectantly looking at mine.

"No," I simply replied.

"Why not?" he huffed. God! He looked so cute doing that.

I cleared my throat along with the chain of thoughts before replying, "Because you can't just play around with your enemies."

"You're no fun," he whispered leaning forward towards me.

"Hey, you don't get to say that!"

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't."

"Then prove me wrong," he challenged.

"Fine," I muttered leaning forward on my seat as he smirked.

"You see that dude over there?" he asked pointing to a guy at the other table who looked like he might have belonged to a gang or something and like he could have murdered anyone who decided to piss him off. He was sitting all alone scowling at his phone.

I nodded.

"You have to make him pay your bill," he said leaning back on his sit with his hands bent over his chest.

No way! I didn't want to be murdered.

But of course I couldn't say that to him. So, I took a deep breath getting up from my seat with my food tray like it was no big deal.

I took small steps until I reached his table.

Oh no.

He didn't even notice me as his eyes were still focused on his phone.

"Hey," I spoke in a low voice.

No answer.

I cleared my throat and that was when he looked up. The scowl was still plastered on his face as he examined me up and down. His head was completely shaved and I could notice the tattoos covering his hands and neck. He looked like he was on his late twenties. Finally his eyes met mine with confusion written on them.

"Actually, uhm.. Do you see that guy over there?" I pointed at Xavier.
His eyes followed my index finger.

I began as he looked back at me, "Well he was saying very inappropriate things an..and I was wondering if you could help me? I mean look at you! So well built and all." I gushed.