Part 21

Kim's POV

I woke up this morning with a throbbing pain - banging pain against my skull. You can never win with alcohol, even when you're drinking it. It did numb the pain forever a little while - regrets flush my mind; making the throbbing increase. Justin. I'm such an idiot, even his lips won't let me forget her, her taste, her everything. Haunting me everyday.

I sighed getting out of bed, I needed to get everything done today, because today - I'll be packing my stuff. Starting a new life, a new me - a new everything. I smile, I'm smiling because for once I believe I can be happy without her - with determination.

"Good morning" Mum greets me, everyone seems happy today - I'm happy; despite my hangover

"Good morning" I smiled pouring myself a steaming brew, letting my worries disappear for a moment with each sip that streams down my throat

"You excited for today? You're growing up and moving out" She said, I could hear the sadness in her voice - and I could only imagine how she was feeling. I was leaving the nest

"Aw Mum! I'll only be a couple minutes away" I laughed lightly at how silly she was being

"40 minutes is not a couple minutes away Kimberley" She tutted, trying to surpass the smile that was ever growing on her face

"I'll visit you know, and you're always welcome over. Just don't push it" I winked, giving her a kiss against the cheek before seeing myself back up to my bedroom - ready to pack my entire life into boxes.

**

Kim's POV

I was down to the last box, packing everything carefully. I didn't want to break anything because everything held a value to me. Everything had a memory. Everything. I needed to hurry up because I knew I'd get emotional any second now - and the memories of Cheryl weren't helping me at all.

"I got you something" She whispered in my ear - pulling me off to the side. She was biting her lower lip, the smile on her face deepening her beautiful dimples

"What's that?" I asked, mirroring her excitement

"This" She held up a gold heart locket

"What'd you go and do that for?" I smiled, wrapping my arms around her shoulder - kissing her lips; loving them - never wanting to let them go.

"Because I love you" Her voice was filled with love, it was filled with love for me. My heart was overwhelmed with her affection - I have never received love like this before; if it was new to her, it was foreign to me.

"Thank you my love" I said softly, she clasped on the necklace placing a kiss against my neck

"You're welcome sweetheart"

God damn it. I took a deep breath holding the necklace in the palm of my hand. I wanted to throw it away - burn it, break it, toss it in the bin. But there was something holding me back - she was holding me back.

I miss the days where I would just simply call her 'Baby' 'Angel' I miss the days where I would call her mine. Simple but ever so complicated. I taped up the box writing 'Fragile' across it - just like my heart.

I had some last minute things to do, before descending to a place I would call mine. My place, my fresh start - hopefully.

"Thanks Adam, please be careful with this box" I said handing him the 'Fragile' box. It contained everything from my trip to London, it contained all my memories of hers. Deal with care.