Zach Herron: Wisdom

For the beautiful imeleanorherron. I love you!!!! You're so sweet and fun to talk to and ughhhhhhhhhhhh. I hope you like this.

You pulled your car up in front of Zach's driveway. After a few minutes, he walked out the door, and jumped into your car.

He was wearing grey sweatpants and a red t-shirt.

Zach leaned over and kissed you on the forehead. "Thanks for taking me, Y/N."

"No problem," you replied. "Anything for my boyfriend."

You put your car into drive and started towards the dental surgeon's office.

Halfway there, Zach spoke. "Do you think getting my teeth out will make me dumber?"

There was awkward silence.

"Why would that affect your intelligence?"

"Because I'm getting my wisdom removed," he replied.

You snorted. "Very clever, Zach," you said dryly. "You aren't even on drugs yet and you're already acting like you're high."

...

The two of you got out of the car and walked into the building.

There was a teenaged girl sitting on the floor, with gauze in her mouth, crying. "I DON'T WANT TO EAT WATERMELON," she screamed. Her mom was filming her and laughing.

Zach looked kind of nervous. He had his hands buried deep in his pockets, and he looked a little bit pale.

He walked up to the front counter and checked in, then sat down beside you in the lobby.

You grabbed his hand. "You look nervous."

"I am."

You put your head on his shoulder. "You'll be okay, I promise."

...

An hour passed, and Zach was wheeled into the lobby on a wheelchair. He had bloody gauze in his mouth.

You stood up and walked towards him. "How are you feeling, Zach?" you asked. He looked exhausted.

"Tired..." he mumbled.

"Let's get you home," you replied.

The nurse helped you get him into the car.

It wasn't until you started driving away that Zach started perking up.

All of a sudden, he screamed. You slammed on the breaks.

"Oh my god, Zach! You gave me a heart attack!"

He screamed again.

"Zach, what's wrong?"

"THEY'VE GOT ME!" he yelled.

"Who?????"

"PRETTYMUCH!"

"I don't see Brandon, Edwin, Austin, Nick, or Zion right now. You're hallucinating."

Zach was silent.

You pressed on the gas again, and slowly drove home. Zach didn't say another word for the whole ride.

...

When you got back to the Why Don't We House, Zach ran in circles in the living room and started screaming.

The other boys slowly trickled down the stairs. They watched him, amused. Corbyn pulled out his phone and started recording.

"Zach, how was your surgery?" asked Daniel.

"What surgery?" asked Zach.

"Um, the one where you got your wisdom teeth removed," said Jack.

Zach screamed.

"PRETTYMUCH," he yelled. "THEY'VE GOT ME!"

Everyone started cracking up.

Zach flipped over a coffee table in the living room.

"ZACH, STOP!" you said.

He sat down on the sofa. "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine," he said. "I'm tired anyway." With that, he fell off of the couch and laid down on the floor.

You turned to the rest of the boys. "He needs his rest," you said. "Go work on some new music or something."

They nodded understandingly and walked up the stairs.

You sat down beside Zach on the floor. He was mindlessly playing with the bloody gauze in his mouth.

"Don't play with that, Zach," you said. "It needs to stay in."

He tried to stick out his tongue at you, but it didn't work out too well because it was still numb.

You laughed.

Suddenly, Zach started crying.

You started laughing even harder. "What's wrong, Zach?"

"I-" he said between sobs. "I just love you so much."

"Aw, I love you too."

"You're just so under appreciated, Y/N," he sobbed. "And you're sexy as hell."

You burst out laughing. "You too, Zach."

Suddenly, he pressed his mouth onto yours. You pulled away.

"Zach! Your mouth is literally full of gauze and blood. I don't want to make out with you right now."

"Oh yeah," he said. "Sorry."

"It's okay."

Instead, he gave you a big hug.

"I love you, Y/N," he said. It was really muffled because of the gauze.

"I love you too."