Cups Of Coffee

Alexis

The morning after a huge event in Jessica's life she usually allowed me the day off.

Today was not one of those days.

"Morning, buddy!" Elena greeted me as I walked out from my room.

"It's not morning until I get my coffee. Where's Roxie?" I asked realizing my sister was nowhere to be seen.

"She was called into work early. One of the interns didn't come in. She said she would call you at lunch. You okay?"

No I was not okay. I hated my job and my acting career was going nowhere. Jessica treated me like dirt and the only relationship I ever had ended last week. So no, I was not okay.

"I'm fine. Just tired. You going into the city today?" I asked hinting that I needed a ride.

My best friend smiled and handed me a cup of coffee.

"Would you like a ride?" She asked.

"I would love one. Jessica called me and said she needed me to pick up some kind of gift for Harry. Like I'm supposed to know what to get him! Ughhh!"

I threw my head down on the counter.

"I know what to get him."

I looked up at Elena.

"You'll help me?" I asked.

"You need this job and I know Harry Styles. I got this for you. I'll pick something up and drop it off at the studio during lunch. Don't worry."

I smiled and threw my arms around my best friend.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I said before grabbing my bag and keys and heading to the door.

"Let's go, El." I yelled to her.

"I don't know why I'm still friends with you." She said to me as we walked to the car.

"You can't say no to me. That's why."

Roxie

"Martin, they need you in the ER tonight. All night. No argument."

I look up from my clipboard and see my teacher standing in front of me.

"Of course, sir. Are you sure I'm ready to run the night shift alone?"

I was terrified of working the night shift in a New York City hospital. Especially in the ER. I was only in my 3rd year of medical school and was practicing to be a medical examiner in the fall. The ER was not the ideal place for me. I have a huge fear of death; hence the idea of working with the dead.

"I do think you can handle it. You're our best student, Roxie. I know you can deal with the responsibility. Just page me if things get too crazy."

Why do I have the sinking feeling that something is going to get crazy?

Elena

Why am I doing this? I hate Jessica. Well strongly dislike, hate is too strong of a word. Why am I actually helping her keep Harry in her life when she knows nothing about him!? So Alexis could keep her crappy job, that's why. I wish she could get out of it or just simply make it big.

I'm walking through the Macy's in the city and contemplating my next move. I see a display of romantic movies and decide that the best way for Harry to assume Jessica picked his present was to be as fan-girlish as I could be and get his favorite movies.

Titanic, Love Actually, and The Notebook were wrapped in a collectors box.

"Well that was easy." I said as I headed off to find the check out line.

Jessica just better know how lucky she is.

My phone started ringing as I walked from the store carrying a Macy's bag.

'What Makes You Beautiful' played as I searched for my phone.

"Having some trouble?"

I almost dropped my bag as I looked up and saw standing in front of me, Harry Styles.

"A little." I answered smiling as I found my phone in my back pocket.

I saw the missed call from Roxie and made a mental note to call her back.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked me as I made sure I had all my other belongings.

"I'm fine." I answered smiling. "Just a little embarrassed."

Harry smiled at me and his dimples showed.

I almost died.

"I'm Harry." He said as if he needed an introduction.

"Elena." I replied.

"Can I buy you a cup of coffee?" He asked me smiling.

You could spill the coffee on me if you just keep smiling like that!

"I'd like that." I answered.

Lexie would understand.

Alexis

"Where is that present I had to pick up for Harry?"

I looked up from the list of things that Jessica gave me to do and saw that she didn't look happy.

"I have to run out and pick it up. I ordered it this morning." I lied hoping she couldn't tell.

She looked at her watch.

"Good. I expect it here by 3. I have a date with Harry at 4."

As she was walking away I grabbed my cell and dialed Elena.

"Answer. Please answer." I begged as the phone continued to ring.

"Where are you?"

Roxie

"You look like you could use this." A familiar Irish voice asked me.

I looked up from my pile of medical records and was face to face with Niall Horan who was holding a cup of coffee in a Styrofoam cup.

"I could actually. Thank you." I said smiling.

"You didn't have to do that." I said taking the cup.

He smiled and sat next to me at the table.

"I've been waiting for the right time to come up to you and introduce myself. I'm Niall."

Like he had to say his name!

"I'm Roxie. You've been watching me?" I asked smiling.

Embarrassed he hid his face from showing he was blushing.

"I've been waiting in the waiting room for over an hour and I saw you and just thought you were so beautiful and wanted to introduce myself. Plus you looked exhausted." He added.

"An hour? Why were you here?" I asked concerned.

He pointed to his leg.

"I kinda sprained my ankle. Needed to get it set in a cast. I'm so clumsy."

I smiled.

"I'll see if I can get you into a room. I'll set the ankle for you."

I stood and walked to the front desk.

"Here fill this out and I'll get you a free room. We'll get you out of here in no time."

He smiled and took a pen.

"I don't mind waiting." He said looking at me.

I smiled and walked to search for a empty room.

Elena and Lexi will never believe this. I don't even believe it.

Niall Horan bought me a cup of coffee!