Dress For Success

Roxie

As soon as I entered the apartment I realized I had nothing to wear for my date. I sighed and leaned up against the door.

What does one where on a date with Niall Horan?

Where was El when I needed her? She was the one person who could tell me what looked right and not lie, unlike Alexis.

I walked into my bedroom and opened my closet door. I saw my business suits, my sundresses, and my scrubs.

I had nothing that would turn a man on.

"Maybe this explains why you haven't had a date in four years." I said to myself as I opened my bottom drawer and pulled out a dress I had only worn once; to my baby sister's high school graduation.

It was a simple blue dress with half sleeves and a flowing waist line.

I held the dress up to myself and walked over to my mirror.

Sweet

I threw the dress on the floor and walked to Alexis's room.

I rummaged through her closet til I found her "getting lucky" dress.

A red short skin tight dress with a black trim around the chest.

I held it up and looked at my reflection in her ceiling mirror.

Sexy

Finally I threw that on the floor and walked to Elena's room and grabbed her favorite light green party dress.

It was knee length and very business-like. It was the dress El wore when she got the job at the photography studio.

I looked at the dress in the mirror.

Serious

I walked back to my room and rummaged through my dresser.

Where's the dress that says I'm hungry and you're paying so let's go?!

In a moment of defeat I fell back on my bed and yelled into my pillow.

"Roxie!"

I heard my name and looked out into the hall.

"What the actual biscuit have you done to our apartment?!"

I looked up and saw the face of a very angry Elena.

"Boy are you gonna laugh when you hear this story." I said smiling.

"I'm waiting!" she said being impatient.

"Well where were you Ms. Mystery Girl?" I asked changing the subject. 

She huffed and sat beside me on the floor.

"Harry took me to lunch, he figured Jessica sent me to get his gift, so to repay me for putting up with her, he took me to the most expensive restaurant in the city in the bummiest outfit. I look like a thriving artist living in a studio"

I giggled at her rant. I thought she looked fine but we all have our self esteem issues I guess.

"Jessica wants your head, she doesn't even know its yours she wants, what are you gonna do?" I asked worried that being on Jessica's hit list will bring more harm to both Elena and Alexis's careers.

"Tough it out, I mean she's not like the big man upstairs so her opinion and her little behind wrath won't phase me" she sighed then immediately burst into a fit of laughter. I had to join her.

"So I met Nam today..." I blurted out. Elena's unique laugh halted.

I did say she never would've guessed.