Chapter 9 - The Moving Date

3rd Person POV:

The two couples had been together for almost 4 years now, each climbing up in their own professions. James and Sirius are now official and very capable Captains, meaning that they are in charge of the planes they flew (mostly).

Lily and Remus are now ground staff and air staff, so there is an increase in pay. They also train new employees if and when they come through.

Remus and Sirius basically spend all their time in Remus and Lily's apartment, while James and Lily have taken over the apartment which used to be shared by Sirius and James. The moving of the couples was a long time coming. 

Today was finally that day they all were waiting for. 

Sirius was moving in with Remus and Lily was moving in with James. Sirius just finished dragging the last box inside the apartment and collapsed on the floor, his back to the wall. 

Remus came from the kitchen where he was cooking to find his boyfriend struggling to get up from the floor. Laughing lightly, he went to help him up. 

"Get up, you big baby," Remus teased.

"Ah! You wound me, Remy!" Sirius exclaimed being the overdramatic drama king he is.

Laughing, they made their way to the couch and flopped down on it, Sirius' head on Remus' chest. 

Today was a Sunday and Sirius had a date planned for Remus. But this is not just some regular date of these two people in love. Sirius had a big surprise planned at the end of it. 

But Remus had no idea, he just thinks a normal, casual, date. 

But it's so much more than that.

At 7:30, they are both ready to go and Sirius takes them to the Miraculous Café, where they had their first date.

They talk and laugh, though Sirius was very nervous. Remus even asked him if something was wrong.

Sirius just responded with a "no" and then tried to stop being too nervous.

Nothing could go wrong. Remus loves him, it will all be just fine...right?

Sirius then take them to the park nearby at around 9. It was almost time for his plan to take place. James and Lily already knew about it and were hiding in the park, spying on the other couple.

Such fun couple activities.

Sirius and Remus were sitting on a bench, talking and laughing. Then Remus looked at the sky and said, "Look at the stars. They are so pretty."

"Yeah," Sirius responded, "But not as pretty as you."

Remus blushed slightly and looked down. This was when Sirius signaled to James and Lily to start the video camera for recording what came next. 

Taking a deep breath, Sirius hopes for the best and starts speaking.

"You know I love you, right?" Sirius asks.

"Yes..." Remus answers.

"And you know that I would do anything for you?"

"Yeah..."

"And that I would never purposely hurt you?"

"Yes... Why are asking this? It sounds like you are breaking up with me," Remus replies with a nervous laugh.

Sirius gulps and doesn't answer.

He was too occupied by fiddling with the box in his pocket.

With wide eyes, which are rapidly filling with tears, Remus says, "Unless you are. You are breaking up with me, aren't you? I knew it, no one could love me, why did I do this?"

"What? No. No, no, no, Remus, that was not what I was going to do," Sirius said hurriedly and grabbed Remus' hands.

"Then what?" Remus asked, sniffling and wiping his tears.

"Oh god, this is not how I expected you to be when I did it, but...", Sirius trailed off, let go of Remus' hand, removed a small box from his pocket and got down on one knee.

Remus gasped.

"I still remember the day we met 4 years ago. I was looking for the airline regulation documents and the person helping me turned out to be the cutest, more prettiest person I have ever seen. I didn't want that to be the last time I saw you, and I am glad it wasn't. I know for sure that there is no one else I'd rather spend my life with.

So, Remus, will you marry me?"

.........

A/N: Cliffhanger!!! I come back months later to give you a cliffhanger.

Will Remus say yes? Or will his insecurities cause him to say no? Wait to find out...

Bye, Potterheads and Wolfstar Lovers,
Until Next Time,

--SP