: Prologue :

: Prologue :

     In that moment, in his embrace with strong arms wrapped around her waist, she felt completely safe for the first time in months. She felt at home. Throughout the past month she had made a major discovery and she knew she didn't have to be a genius to know she had stumbled upon something great. She'd learned that home wasn't just a place, home was a feeling and now she knew, exactly who it was that could ignite such a feeling within her. It seemed strange and uncalled for; what had happened in the past month in that Indiana winter.

For the past year, Diana had lost sight of who she was, what her purpose was. Her life had been flipped upside down, ironically, because of a place called the Upside Down. Yet she knew that in everybody's life, there is highs and there is lows. Diana had undeniably met her low but now that all seemed like a distant memory. As the music lulled into the background, Diana focused on the boy before her as they danced around his living room floor, the moon's light flooding in through the patio doors, cascading around their moving figures. Yes, she admitted to herself, this time last year she was broken, alone and in love with the wrong boy. She would have never believed where she was now, who she was with and what exactly she was feeling.

But as the saying goes, stranger things have happened. 

---

and so it begins...