: Chapter Four: A Series Of Unfortunate Events :

: chapter four: a series of unfortunate events :

It was that time of the night. Nearly thirty minutes since Steve had run after Nancy and Diana was still wandering around in the hopes of finding someone. Her friend Lydia had gone AWOL and by the pace she had been drinking and flirting with guys when Diana had last saw her, she was not surprised she wasn't around anymore. Steve and Nancy were still missing in action as well and by guessing with the state Nancy was in they could be long gone now too. Leaning against the archway into the kitchen, Diana's hands fidgeted with the zip on her leather jacket wondering if she too should just leave. She didn't even know what she was still waiting around for. Biting her lip in her indecision, Diana pushed herself off the wall and turned around about to make her way back to the living room to have one more search before officially giving up. As she twisted around on her heel, she came face to face with a determined looking Jonathan and for the first time that night she had lost her voice.

"Can we talk?" His voice was back to its gentle, almost whisper and Diana found herself falling back in. No, she thought, she'd told herself she was leaving him behind and the only way she'll be able to do that, is to cut him off for as long as was possible. No matter how much she wanted to forgive and forget.

"I need to pee." The words fled Diana's mouth just as fast as her legs started working to take her as far away from Jonathan as possible. Taking two steps at a time, she made her way upstairs heading for the bathroom despite there being no truth to what she had told Jonathan. Upstairs was surprisingly quiet except for the suspect groans coming from the bedrooms and the exclamation of 'bullshit' coming constantly from the bathroom. Diana walked a little further down the dimly lit hallway buying her time before she'd have to go back downstairs. She could have just walked right out the front door and had finished all of it but no, she had to be difficult.

She had just turned around to make her way back to the staircase when a large hand, gripped her wrist tightly, twisting her body to push her against one of the bedroom doors. When her gaze met that of her man handler, she found her eyes widening as she tried to pull herself away but she was trapped by Mr. Most terrible hair winner 1984. She hissed, "Fuck."

"Why, thank you. I'd love one." His breath was warm against her skin, the stench of alcohol filling the tight space between them. She wished she could blame his behaviour on alcohol but no, this was Billy. The only thing to blame for Billy's behaviour was Billy. With his eyes dragging down along her body she felt dirty and uncomfortable. She squirmed against the door, Billy took this to mean something different. His right hand connected with her right thigh, slowly trailing upwards. She clutched her legs tightly together, her arms trying madly to push him away. "How about some more privacy?" His voice was enough to make her gag. She gritted her teeth as his hand slid away from her thigh and to the door handle behind her, the one that had previously dug into her back so sharply she was sure there was now a mark. His cold hand turned the handle to find it jammed. Diana thanked her lucky stars that it was locked. The door to the bathroom slammed behind Billy, stunning him into swinging around only to find an angry and wide eyed Steve staring at the two.