: Chapter Six: Save The Scary Stuff For The Movies :

: chapter six: save the scary stuff for the movies: 

Diana dreaded the idea of going home with every bone in her body. As she shivered her way down the sidewalk away from the school heading into town, she regretted leaving so hastily without a proper jacket that morning. All that covered her shoulders was a measly faded yellow denim jacket but when her mother was shouting her disappoints at her and screaming about her failures she couldn't take it anymore, grabbing the first thing she saw and bolting out of the house hoping to not miss first period. The idea of ditching school had passed through her mind but she had kept going. Wandering around aimlessly seemed even worse than calculus in her mind though. She didn't know where else to go but at least at school there was distraction and a certain brown haired boy that could calm her worries. Sadly, she hadn't seen said boy all day, only from a distance for a few moments as he spoke to Nancy but Diana had glanced away as fast as she had looked at them feeling intrusive. Instead she had continued her art class practice on the moving form yet even with the whole period spent drawing soccer players, she was still in need of much practice.

A horn sounded from beside Diana, breaking her away from her thoughts and scaring the wits out of her. Turning to the culprit, Diana couldn't find the strength to get mad at him for her near death experience. Having witnessed her jump of surprise, Steve Harrington sat in the driver's seat of his car, rolling down the window as he gave Diana a sheepish smile.

"You almost gave me a damn heart attack, Harrington." Diana sighed, letting her heartbeat find its regular pattern again.

Steve chuckled, "Almost. Well I guess I'm not doing my job properly. Let's try again."

He leaned his body back into his seat, his hand coming up again to whack against the steering wheel. He only paused upon Diana's loud objections. Steve lowered his hand yet there was still a glimmer of mischievousness in his eyes as he laughed at her cautious face.

"Come on, let me give you a ride home. All near death experiences aside." Before Diana could even reply, Steve was leaning over and opening the passenger side door for her to hop in. Shaking her head, for the first time that day, a genuine, completely unforced smile made its way onto her face. "Very presumptuous of you."

"Yeah but you're still going to take the ride, aren't you?" Diana's pride made her hesitate a moment before Steve playfully rolled his eyes. "Get into the car Sinclair, I can literally see you freezing your ass off."

Diana only narrowed her eyes at him. "Look. Look. Look." Steve said in shock, pointing around her feet. Diana's gaze followed to where he was pointing, twisting around madly to find what he was so urgently shouting about. "What? What? What?"

"Look, right there." Steve pointed again, acting as if she was mad for not being able to locate the source of his attention. "Your ass froze off. Your indecision made it fall off. Now can we go before I suffer the same fate from all the cold you're letting in that door."