A New Life

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Aubie asked skeptically. "We've never bought an actual home before."

You walked around your new apartment slowly, examining its condition. "Relax, Aubie. We're just renting," you replied. To be fair, it was your first time renting a place for longer than a couple of months. You were almost always on the go. It was your lifestyle. However, this time you had a reason to stay. You imagined that most people had boxes and boxes scattered whenever they moved. You never had that. All your possessions could fit into a bag. You were used to traveling, so you only packed what was necessary. You liked it that way. Plus, it made moving into an apartment extremely easy.

You had never planned to stay in Paris. You came here for answers, not a new life. However, a certain black cat had turned you towards a different path. You found yourself willing to explore this new, unexpected journey. You flopped down on your couch and stared out the window. Your mind started to wander as you lost yourself in the beautiful view of Paris. Chat Noir entered your mind. You hadn't seen him since he asked you to join his team. You had never given him an answer, but you hoped his offer would still stand when you met him again. 

"I'm not sure it was smart to rent this place under a false ID," Aubie added, still skeptical.

You sighed. Aubie never approved of using your false ID, but you had no choice. You were on a search for answers, and your real age would prohibit you. It was hard to get hired for treasure hunts when people knew you were a teenager. The lie didn't bother you because you saw it as a necessary evil. "I look older than I am. Stress seems to do that to the body..." you said back, half jokingly. "No one will suspect anything. They just care if we can pay the rent." You had worked hard to earn money. It was really only because of Aubie that you weren't living on the streets. Her powers that she gave you allowed you to do things that others aren't capable of. People pay a lot of money for that type of skill set. 

You got up from the couch and continued to explore. You debated if you would ever get used to living in such a spacious place. You walked into your room and laid on the bed. It was soft. The warmth of it started to draw you into sleep. Aubie came and plopped herself onto a nearby pillow. There was a moment of silence before she spoke.

"There's something here, y/n," Aubie said, creating a serious tone in the air. "I feel like all of our travels were to lead us here."

You weren't sure if you wanted to admit it, but you felt the same thing. You didn't know if it was good or bad; Aubie didn't seem to know either. You felt drawn to Paris. You felt drawn to Chat Noir. You felt drawn to this new life. 

"Whatever it is, we'll face it together," you assured Aubie.