Chapter 8

*cue goodbye by fifth harmony*

Honey wakes up and rubs her eyes. She looks over and hears crying coming from the restroom. Softly getting out of bed, she opens the door and sees her mom crying on the floor. "Mommy.." Honey calls out, and Ally is startled a bit, but wipes her eyes and holds her arms out for honey to come over. "Happy birthday baby." 

The little girl smiles a little settling into Ally's arms, but it turns into a frown, "Will all my mommies go to heaven on my birthday?" 

Ally holds her tight, "No baby, don't think that way...we have always known Mommy's job was dangerous right?" The little girl nods. "It's in no way you're fault my love, you've always been so sweet and strong and there is no way your mommy who is also strong is gonna go away on your birthday, she still has a gift to give you."

Honey smiles and hugs Ally tighter, "I'm glad you're my mommy too..." 

-

Dinah pulls into the drive way, "Hey mama, you sure you wanna go?" 

The tall girl didn't get a wink of sleep last night due to her best friend's condition, and it was obvious to Ally. "I do, but do you? Dinah you look so tired." Ally says, as she buckles in Honey. "Want me to drive?" Ally offers, and Dinah wants to say no, be the tiredness in her body makes her feel like she's not capable of driving. "Yes, for everyone's safety."

Dinah turns around and hands Honey a new barbie doll, along with a birthday bag of full of barbie accessories. "Happy birthday God daughter, don't let Biggie get this stuff."

"Thank you Tia Dinuh." Honey smiles, and blows her a quick kiss.

The two girls switch sides, and when Ally pulls out of the drive way, the rain starts to pour.

-

Arriving to the hospital, Dinah fell asleep, along with Honey. "Dinah wake up." Ally says in a bit of a loud voice, waking her up. "Wha..? We are here already?" Dinah puts her head into her hands, and groans, "I thought I'd feel better after my mini nap."

Ally pats her head, "Mama, maybe you should stay here and I'll go get Normani, you can come back later you've already done so much." Dinah nods her heads, and reclines her seat, and listens as Ally gets Honey and takes her inside to Lauren.

-

"Lo...you need to wake up dude, please. I really miss you." Normani is whispering to Lauren, awaiting for her to open her eyes. The tube in her mouth, and the machines connected to her body made both her and Camila mildly upset. "Just wake up and tell me I'm annoying so I can go home, and I won't feel so guilty about not arriving on time." Normani leans her head into the bed and lets out all the tears she's been holding back. 

"Mani it's not your fault." Camila walks in and hugs her friend. It was a rough night of uncomfortable hospital chairs, and vending machine snacks. "She shouldn't have gone in without backup, I should've been there, we could've gotten out together. Safe and Alive." Normani sobs once again, and it makes Camila cry.

"You know Lauren was gonna go in there, even if she was offered a billion dollars not to, she still would've gone in had she had back up or not." Camila says, calming Normani down. "She's gonna wake up, and you can yell at her all you want, but don't beat yourself up for something that was out of your hands, Mani bear."

-

Ally sees Normani and Camila walking through the doors, and she's upset as she sees the clear exhaustion and worry written on their faces. "Mani..Mila.." Ally calls out and the two girls go and give her a hug. "Thank you so so much...how is she?" Ally asks.