Preface

No.  Not again.  I need to live my life for myself. He cannot dominate me.

She was sweating in her sleep.  Shaking,  stirring. Her eyes were squeezed closed,  a deep frown on her forehead.

A loud laugh..

He was giving her a flower,  she took it and wore it like a ring in her finger..

The scene changed, into something much more intense.

She was holding his hand, confessing something - maybe her feelings for him.  He wasn't listening.  He was looking at something behind her.  No.  Someone behind her.  She turned around.  She hadn't said anything yet. It was a girl- a beautiful girl,  way too beautiful.  She felt a pang of jealousy.  He was looking at the girl with admiration.
His lips moved silently,  caressing the girls name. Then he left her hand and moved towards the girl.  She was alone,  all on her own.

She stirred in her sleep again. She wanted to wake up but she was totally captivated by the dream.  It was the kind of nightmare that doesn't end,  neither does it let you wake up.  It ties you to itself and then makes you suffer.  You go through the pain,  screaming for help but your mouth dries and your voice doesn't come out of your mouth.

Now she was seeing different scenes,  flashes, memories...

Them playing together.  She throwing her head backwards, laughing.  He staringot at her.  Smiling.

Then the scene shifted again.  It was like she was watching a movie,  seeing everything she'd already seen.

She was begging him to stay with him,  his tone was harsh in response,  she could not move.  He jerked his arm free from her hold,  raised his index finger as if to warn her.
She couldn't hear the words,  but she was reading his lips.

He had said something like "leave me alone"
It was getting cold.  The sun was there, blazing hot,  but she was feeling cold.
She couldn't find a sweater,  she could feel the sweat running down her body,  yet she was still cold.

Now,  her dad was handing her a wedding card,  it said "Wedding invitation",  she looked up, not understanding.  He was smiling.

What is happening?  Why is she so cold?

She jerked her eyes open and woke up with a start.

__________________________