Chapter 4

*Not edited. I managed to complete this chapter, will edit later. Kindly ignore the mistakes.

The family was very happy to see him. Usman held his hand and introduced him to everyone who were very happy to see him, he could see that. They were living very simple lives, ordinary people with ordinary lives, away from politics and any kind of tensions. He felt happy around them, as if he belonged here. The wedding functions in Islamabad flashed across his mind and he winced. They were living so unsatisfied, fake lives. Everything they did was to show off their wealth, to compete with the world, natural life and happiness was something the rich people lacked and these, living in smile houses with small wishes had it in abundance. He could see the people smiling, dancing, laughing and cheering with glee.

He was happy, feeling relaxed and blessed. His heart would flutter every time he thought about the fact that he drove Inaara here and well... That she was right next to the wall on his left. Talking to all the people, having dinner with the overwhelmed Usman serving him dishes, listening to the music playing, he could not shake her off his mind. He could feel slight changes in his personality but couldn't name it.

The groom was called Asghar, a shy and thin guy. He looked very young, barely 20 or 21. Sohaib went and sat next to him, he could see his cheeks a bit flushed and found it very amusing.

"So, are you happy?"

He teased him lightly, smiling.

"Ahem. Yes, very much." The groom replied shyly, trying not to elaborate yet wanting to give an honest answer.

"Aha! Good to hear that. Take care of your wife, okay?"

"I love her so much, sir. I never knew my dad would ever agree to let me marry her. We've been best friends in childhood but when we grew up, she wasn't allowed to play with us anymore, of course. But she's always been on mind, every tiny detail about her would register in my memory and never fade away. I know that I want to live my rest of life with her, it's very obvious, clear, transparent."

Sohaib was startled, this was exactly him-except for the fact that he had not been friends with Inaara for a long time but the guy was describing him, everything he said was what Sohaib felt.

But the guy had said that he loved his wife. Did that mean Sohaib also....?

No.

That could not happen. He barely knew her. What if she turned out to be committed or engaged, what would he do then? This was practical life and he was here to work. This was just temporary attraction and this too, shall pass.

_________________________

When he dropped her back home, he had controlled his heart. But when she got out of the car, she turned towards him and said,

"I'd link you to my friend, Mustafa Alvi. He will help you with the case." She said in a very normal tone, as if she knew that he knew it was her. "Mustafa is a hard working guy, I don't want your department to know about you're working on it, not unless you raid the dispensary and catch them red handed, they have mastered the art of removing proofs and abducting witnessed by now. You won't even know and they'll wipe out everything."

He was taken aback. "Can I have your number then?"

She smiled. "I was about to come to that, yes. You can have it."