Chapter 5

The night flowed by as Sohaib was deeply immersed in Inaara's brown pools. He watched her laugh, smile slightly, talk slowly and eat elegantly. He could see the moon dance to the rhythm of her laughter. He could feel her soft hands curling around the fork and he was overjoyed to have her in front of him. And for the first time in the last two months, he thought about what life would be without her, what he would do without not having the hope to see her bright smiles.

The thought made him shift uncomfortably in his seat and Inaara noticited instantly.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." He passed a tight smile and glanced around. The fancy restaurant was very quiet, chandeliers glowing in every corner, producing a very heartwarming golden, dreamy light. Music was playing in the background and he suddenly stretched his hand out towards Inaara.

She looked up straight into his blazing eyes with a questioning look in her own.

"Will you dance with me, Inaara Fatima?"

She was puzzled. She didn't know where this came from but she saw the longing in his eyes. There was a plead shining in those eyes. She nodded, dumbfound and held his hand.

He led her to the open area at the front of the restaurant, snaking his hand around her waist and interlacing his free hand's fingers with hers, he held her close. His grip was firm yet gentle, sweet yet passionate, as if not wanting to let her go. Inaara was flabbergasted, she couldn't make something out of the way he was looking at her. They danced to the tempo of the song, hand in hand, looking into each other's eyes.

Inaara was blushing for no reason, she looked straight into his eyes and could see the golden specks in his green eyes, something that she'd never noticed before. She was surprised at her own behavior, she'd never thought about dancing with anyone but she could never say no to him. She was afraid of losing him, she'd found a very good friend in him and she wanted to keep it that way.

Her gaze lingered on his neck, where there was a tiny mole right under ear lobe, it was beautiful. She stared at it for as long as they danced and was startled when suddenly interrupted by a cold, firm grip.

"You said hanging out with girls with attract attention, now you're dancing with her. What does this mean? Is she not a woman or you don't care about attention anymore?"

She was pulled away from him by a feminine hand and when she turned around to see who it was, she was mystified.

Tania Shah was shooting daggers at her, dressed in her usual funky, bright, tight outfits.

Inaara turned to Sohaib for further explanation and was surprised to see her forehead creased.

What the hell?

_______________

Today was their last day working on the project and they were going to raid the dispensary the next morning. It was an easy task, they'd recorded people's statements and all they had to do is go and arrest the workers their, break the news to the electronic and print media in case the mafia wanted to use their contacts. Then they'd file a case against the mafia and Feroze to be very specific, later on getting them jailed.

It was easy. Very easy. They just had to be careful and make sure not to let them know before arresting them. Sohaib was careful, he'd made a task force and discussed the issue with them, however, he kept Hussain out of it. Hussain knew that he was upto something but he couldn't figure it out because he simply never knew that Sohaib would dare go against Feroze. The mafia's confidence was something that made the police confident, that they're going to win easily.