Chapter 6

Time dragged by slowly. The sun would rise and set, not bringing something special at all. On Saturday when the sun was disappearing behind the mountains, leaving pink, orange and purple streaks on the sky, everyone was running around happily in Inaara's house. Today was Roha's party and they were making the arrangements. Inaara had made a few dishes at home and the rest had been ordered from a restaurant in Islamabad, they had set the dining table in a corner, leaving the central space free for the guests to comfortably walk and sit in. It was a beautiful evening.

Waseem had invited quite a bunch of people for the party, Including Tania and Sohaib. Inaara wore a long navy blue dress that had pearls embedded all over it, silver earrings and lots of silver bangles in her beautiful wrists. It was almost 8 pm, the aprty had started long ago but there was no sign of Mustafa who was invited as well. Grabbing her phone from the table, she excused herself and walked past the group of people talking, towards the exit. Her fingers typed down Mustafa on the screen when she bumped into an Iron figure, standing in frknt of her, blocking her way.

She looked up, startled.

"Hi." Her annoyance vanished in the air as she saw Sohaib in a black suit, looking like a Greek god that had come straight from the skies.

"Hey. I was just calling Mustafa." She waved her hand in explanation, Sohaib's smile vanished.

"Oh. You invited him?"

"Of course, he's my best friend."

"Yeah. Sure. So, I am going inside, okay?"
He took his right hand out of his pocket and racked it through his gelled hair.

"I'll join you jn a few." She walked past him while he stood there, thinking and frowing deeply.

Was it okay to tell her that he loved her? How will she react? Did she like someone else? But he had seen the galaxies shining in her eyes upon seeing him. How could he be wrong? He didn't want to scare her away, but he didn't want to hide his feelings from her as well. He knew he was rushing into things, but he had the feeling that if he didn't tell her today, he'll lose her forever.

__________

The house was bathed in lights, Tania looked at everything, criticizing the decorations with her bold gaze, looking for a flaw but was left disappointed. She couldn't see a single flaw in the beautiful lights, arrangements and flowers.

She was wearing a bold red top on black tights whifh gave her outgoing personality away. She saw Inaara running here and there and was observing her, waiting for the right moment so that she could make her move.

And after a long wait for two hours, she found the chance when she saw Inaara going inside. Following her with careful steps, she clutched her wallet tightly and went inside. Inaara was going towards her room when heard someone calling her name, a sharp, high pitched voice calling her, asking her to turn around. She found Tabia standing by the pillar and her mouth suddenly felt like she'd just eaten a handful of rocks- hard, weird, sour.

"Yes?"

"Nice dress." She stepped forward, to touch Inaara's soft curls and let out an amused chuckle.

"Okay. Thank you!" Inaara sighed and turned around to leave but Tania held her arm firmlyband almost dragged her by it.

"Listen to me, stay away from Sohaib. Uss pey apnay husn kay jaadu chalana chhorh do, he's mine and I never let go of what's mine."