Chapter 6: Kindness Spreads

Winter was here, and light snow began to fall. Everyone was dressed in black as they started lowering the Casket. We had scheduled the funeral right after her death so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore. Standing with me in the front were MJ, Ned, Mr. Stark, Stephen, Natasha, Wanda, and Wade in his suit, holding my hand.

"Why is he here?" Mr. Stark whispered to me.

"He gets to be here. It's my aunt's funeral." I don't care if I had attitude. All I wanted was to be surrounded by my loved ones, to bury one of the most important people in my life.

Once they lowered the casket, I grabbed the shovel and tried to pile on snowy grass. The feeling of warm tears streaming down my cold face stung. Everyone could hear my small sobs as I tried to shovel the first batch of dirt over the casket. Now I had lost not one, but two of my best friends.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, along with Mr. Stark's voice. "Want some help kid?"

I let out a loud sob as I nodded my head. He helped me pick up the dirt with the shovel and pour it over the casket. I went back to my spot, as family from her side was next. Then Ned, MJ, and other people that knew Aunt May from work and around the neighborhood, our apartment too. Everyone got a chance to fill up the 6 foot space with dirt. Once that was settled, I went to her headstone to say a few words.

I wiped my tears and tried to calm myself down. "May Reilly Parker was many things, but cruel was never one of them. She was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She was kind, but had a backbone. She would brighten everyone's day, including mine, when she didn't have to. She taught me kindness, respect, responsibility. She taught me that no matter what, you can't let others drag you down. But most importantly, she taught me love. Now she is with her husband, my Uncle Ben. She didn't deserve this. She was so loving and never hurt anyone. I remember this one time Ben decided to cook dinner." I sniffled and laughed, thinking about that moment. "He was really bad at it. When we all ate it, you could clearly see Ben loved eating what he cooked. But May and I had a plan. We dumped it into our nearest plant and shared a look. He thought we ate it all and gave us even more. It was then that she spoke up saying 'Dammit Ben, your food was so bad that we fed it to the plant. Look at it now, it's dead' and he said 'May, that plant's been dead for years. Who are you trying to fool?'" Everyone let out a smile, as I realized I needed to finish speaking. "She was my guiding light. I'll never forget the good and the bad that we went through together. I'll never f-forget," I started choking up, letting out a soft sob. "I'll never forget my aunt, May Reilly Parker."

I went back to my spot and held Wade's hand, as people from her side of the family went up to talk next. I haven't cried this badly since Ben's funeral. Now they were together and hopefully happy. I hope I made them proud. Once the funeral was over, her family and friends went home. Ned, MJ and Wade joined me at the tower. I don't care what Mr. Stark thinks of Wade, I need him, and the rest of them now more than ever.

"Peter we need to talk." I expected it to be Mr. Stark, but I turned around and saw Stephen.

"What do you want Mr. St-oh, Stephen. What is it?" I was a little bit pissy at Mr. Stark constantly questioning why I had Wade around. He's my friend. My aunt died and I wanna be with my friends.

"Well, both Tony and I need to talk to you. It's very important so please, come to the living room with me." I left the trio in my room and went with Stephen, sitting in a chair.

"You're aunt asked me before she died to adopt you in case something happened to her. She knew these guys could come after her, so she got us the papers and everything we would need for this." Mr.Stark said. I was speechless. I didn't feel excited or sad, just kind of, numb.