Chapter one

So where is this so called magic? it was bullshit to me, all i could see was woods, lands, and fences far as the eye can see, the only living thing that was out were some horses grazing in the fields. Where is the mother, the father, the children out to play, the sweet old couple, and young ones falling in love?.It's like ever since the blues came out of hiding, everyone else went into hiding To me its as if they never were hiding, they were always there we just over looked them like people over look our kind the hazed we have no teeth or pierced blue eyes that change golden so why would we be noticed. I never liked the whole "our kind" "their kind", i hated it. i believed we are all the same, except one kind was a monster and nothing close to being the same "feeders" they were called, they weren't just any kind of pierced blue vampire they were beautiful every one, i guess that was their trick, there are also "Hunters" which is another kind of blue pierced vampire they only hunt animals.Then there are the hazed like myself which are known as the "Healers". we can read minds from up close to miles away we can also read in to conversations just the same and heal every living thing known to man but only if the living thing wishes, we all have hazel eyes that don't change as much as the blues do. i haven't gotten all my powers yet though my eyes change from green to a hazel splashed with a light blue. your probably wondering what that means?My name is Nickollette and i have a secret I'm a "Hazed Pierced" my father was a pierced blue vampire and my mother a hazed and welcome to my new totally screwed up world. "Your going to love it here", my mother says. i watch her smile with her blonde hair blowing in the wind. "this is where i met your father". i smile a little, my dad died two years ago i was 16, I'm eighteen now and moving to the land of shit as i call it, but only because I miss home already. I'm not so much welcome in this town either as a pierced hazed, but my teeth, strength, and even half of my hazed powers haven't came to me yet. Mom's convinced I'm maybe half normal some how, but i have a feeling I'm not, i can only read some people's minds, she says I'm just physic.So, finally we get to the end of a long drive, we pull up to a huge white Victorian home with a black fence all around, the house was three stories high made in one of those weird dimensional shaped houses the back side if the house showed a beach the south side a beautiful lake and the front country sides along with the sand, the place was suppose to be magical and what could i say it had everything. this if your wondering this is where mom and dads good old friend Lenda McClain lives she is a blue. The difference with the McClain's they are hunters as i told you earlier they only hunt animals, but also eat normal food. Mrs Lenda has two boys one young and one older, mom says me and her oldest were born on the same day, same hospital, blah blah blah, but we left when i was just a baby. see feeders cant kill immortals so they chose to kill mortals, but do sometimes kill immortals breaking the rules, my dad had a job protecting mortals from immortals and immortals from immortals. that's why we moved back people began to notice how different we were and the humans found our existence."Ahh!", Mrs Lenda screams as we get out the volts. "It's been so long, OH MY GOSH! look at that child" she smiles at me. "I mean that young lady, she's gorgeous Ray!" Dad use to call her his "Ray of sun" and kiss her softly. "Payton come out here and met Mrs Nickollette and Mrs Ray". A cute little dark haired blue eyed boy ran out and had the biggest smile. "Hi!", he says. "Come on he's so cute, where's Jessie?", mom asked following Mrs Lenda inside. "He's out, he'll be back later, he's something else" "I know the feeling", i heard my mom say before the screen door shut. so i have gotten into a little trouble hanging with the wrong crowd who hasn't i got a tattoo to show for it and a whole lot of ass hole written all over me, but i never slept around and i never did any drugs.Payton was still standing there smiling. I got on one knee "Hi Payton, I'm Nickollette, but call me Niki", i put my hand out for him to shake. "Can i carry your bags?". "you may", i handed them to him, he grabbed my hand while struggling alittle with my bags. "My lady?" he said smiling showing me to the house. i couldn't help but laugh he was so cute. "Payton how old are you?" i asked. "I'm eight an a half", he smiled. We walked into the house there was a black spiral staircase and a elegant big living room which lead to a kitchen, it looked like i just stepped into a magazine. "I hope you like it!" Mrs Lenda said rubbing Payton's head as he dropped my bags in a deep breath. "Its beautiful"., I say then wink at Payton, he giggled. "Why thank you", she smiles. "me and your mom are running to the store, make yourself at home Payton's coming with, and your room is up the latter third floor" "We'll be back soon Lendas cooking supper" mom kisses me on the cheek. then out the door they go.