Chapter thirteen

This day was the one everyone was waiting and anticipating for except me that is, I was scared, anxious and distraught. More then anything doubtful that I was even going to stand. I clinch my fist to stop them from trembling, I bit my lip and looked around the room waiting with my mom, Lenda and Payton. The person I was truly waiting for was Jess, "Where's Jess?", I asked Mrs, Lenda. She just shrugged her shoulders, "He was suppose to be here".

As the doctor walked in with a another male nurse my heart began to beat faster and my stomach became sick. "This is my assistant Grant", We all shook his hand. I pulled mine immediately knowing my hands had to feel gross to him. They were each standing on the sides of me. "Looks like you healed her well", Doctor Rant said. RANT and GRANT....RANT and Grant.. sounded like a bad TV comedie to me, Payton smirked at me and I read his mind, Rant and Grant...ANT.. He made me laugh a little. He was rhyming names that went with Rant and Grant, God how amazing it would feel to have that little of a mind, He sneers at me like he heard, to be a kid I mean and not worry about the things you have to as an adult, life can be so difficult, He then smiles. Being a kid is fun, he thinks.

"Ok so we are going to get on each side as planned we will stand you up", Doctor Rant says. He puts his arm around me on one side, this was it I had to do this, as the other guy grabs my other side and they start to lift me and sharp pain comes to me and I Start to sweat and panic. "Wait!", I say. they put me down lightly. "I need Jessie here", I tell Mrs Lenda. she nods her head and hands me the phone calling Jessie.

"Okay we will be back when he arrives, I understand you will be more comfortable with a person you know", He smiles.

Jessie wouldn't answer, so I called him with my phone, still no answer. "Mom give me your phone", Knowing he wouldn't know the number I called him.

"Hello", He aswered lightly.

"Where are you, you were suppose to be here?", I was feeling nervous  and shaky.

"Nick, did you stand yet?", He asked.

"No, I can't do it alone I need you, And I don't care if they have people here for that, I need you", I say almost begging.

"Nick I can't stand to see the pain I put you in, does it hurt?", He asked.

"YES! NO ass it feels amazing of course it hurts", I say becoming annoyed.

He get quiet on the line, mom gives me a look to be minding to his feelings, I take a breath. "Look Jessie, I cant do this without you, I trust you", I say calming down.

"Okay I'm coming up", which meant he been here all along just didn't come up to the room. not after five minutes he was up in the room. Now we all waited again for the Doctor.

I watched as Jessie bit his lip, his eyes dancing to every corner. It soon became too much; he started pacing rapidly,I could feel his breathing and heartbeat beginning to speed and fill his ears with white noise. He found himself chewing his nails, but forced himself to keep his hand down from his mouth. It didn't quite work, as he found himself chewing again a bare minute later, and a cold sweat had broken out between his shoulder blades. He was nervous, alright.

"Jessie calm down", I said out loud, everyone looks at him. He was more nervous then me if possible. He sits down next to me, then stands back up when the Doctor entered, "Okay so we ready to do this now".

I nod my head, as they both grabbed each a side I could feel Jessie shaking, just enough not to feel my own they both lift me at the count of three, the stinging pain began and I bit my lip to keep from crying out. they pull me up to my feet, I was shaking and trying hard to to cry but tear started the fall, "Now I know it hurts but if you do this everyday it will help you get to your feet, the better you get then you or your mother will be able to heal you", The doctor said, his hands were so cold, I looked over at Jessie he had tears in his eyes. The doctor puts his other hand in mine soft but his other arm held me straight and tight, and Jessie slides him hand into my other hand tightly and Stern he wasn't letting go and I couldn't feel my hand anymore he was hanging on so tight. "Pull her up straight", The Doctor says. Slowly they pull me up into position, "Ow", that time I whimpered and breathed in deeply. It was a sore and stinging pain like someone just stabbed the hell out of my side, Jessie had tears going down his face. I shook violently. "can we please put her down", Jessie said in his mind pleading.