Chapter five

Why do I even exist if Jessie McClain and I aren't meant to be together? I know how pathetic that sounds but I came here to save him and to get away from what would have been hell. Its been two weeks already and Jess still hasn't talked to me, I actually don't see him much but I can still feel him that's how I know we are meant to be. Most guys I can forget about But with him It was like he was tattooed to my skin. My teeth where fully grown and my strength was almost all the way in It's the running fast I needed to practice. Not that I needed It that bad I mean what would I be running from? "Jess!", I heard Payton yell as Jess makes his way up the front porch where me and Payton were siting. I looked at him in the corner of my eye as he picked up Payton and gave him a high five. He looks over to me after putting Payton down. "I gotta go somewhere for a while, but I'll be back", He rubs Payton's head. "But we are going on a camping trip for the weekend, you not coming?". "Not this time buddy", He smiles. Payton makes a pout face and walks in with him.

Yea so I get dragged on this camping trip, but he gets to go ron day vo with the feeders. Payton says they take this trip every year but this time his mom picked a new place I never actually been camping so I guess I'm in for a treat. "We plan this every year and your not coming!", I could hear Mrs. Lenda scolding Jess. "It's not that big of a deal!", He says. "what have you been up to? your never home and you don't talk to Niki anymore, what has gotten into you?". "Mom! really I'am the way I've always been, This is me ", He says slamming the door close. Then our eyes met, I could feel the warm breeze brush my face and blow my hair Something about the shady way he moved he was up to it again. He looks away jumping of the porch throwing his bag over his shoulder. His truck revved into life heading fast down the road.

So we leaving this after noon for this camping trip. Mom was bringing Mr. Wonder-full great more of hearing love bird shit I really wasn't in the mood for, I mean don't get me wrong I was happy for my mom, I just hated hearing It because Jessie came to mind. "All packed?", Mom popped out her head outside. " Yes mam!", I smirk getting up. "Dainty is all packed too", Payton says meting me at the door with me and Dainty's things, I pat her on the head as she licks my hand. Mrs, Lenda paid a Friend to watch over the house and care for Magic while I was gone. "Ok lady's let the strong men handle the bags", Payton laughs, "Not that you cant handle them Nick". I stuck my tongue at him. "Come on Dainty", I say as she follows me out. Payton and Mr James load up the car with all our camping needs and bags. "Load up!", Mrs. Lenda smiles.

So here we were on our way to the middle of no where, I wondered where Jess was and If he could hear me or sense me but I dought it I could be miles from him to many miles to feel him. Not acutely where I wanted to be, It felt allot better to feel him near. "So you never been camping?", Payton asked with Dainty laying on his lap. "Nope, if you call sleeping in a tint in you back yard you bet cha", I smirked. He burst into laughter. "Its loads of fun, I just wish Jess was with us", He laughed. "He'd throw us in the lake". I smirked at the sence of Jess playing with us being happy then frowned at the window.

"Wake up Nick", I wake up to Dainty licking my face and Payton's excited voice. "We are here!", He yells. "Hey sleepy head", Mom smiles, "Had a good nap?". I shrug my shoulders taking in the air. Tt smelt of pine neddles and outdoors. There were tall skinny trees far as the eyes could see, a beautiful lake in the front and more trees. "We will set up camp", Payton says pulling me to the tints. "you and I get one, It was suppose to be you and Jess and me and mom but that didn't work out and he isn't here to help put our tint up either", He frowns. I grab one end."I'm here, so teach me I'll help", He smiles. It was hard but I finally got the hang of it Camping wasn't so bad. "Tonight we have fish", Mr James says at sun down.