Chapter nine

"We are leaving in five", Mom say as I put my ripped jeans on with a black tank. I roll my eyes at her. life must be so perfect for her, Mr Wonderful Aka James is coming along. She wants to start a new life with the three of us what she couldn't see was she was taking my life away. I wanted to hear and see the shameless ocean everyday and wake up to Jess and his lit up smile, I wanted to be happy.  

I stand outside on the sand for the last time closing my eyes still trying to feel for Jess. "Why are you doing this to me Jess", I whisper to him through my head. 

"Nickollette!", I hear Payton screaming from down the beach. He is running full speed for me. I watch him make his way to me almost out of breath. "What is it, come to say your good byes". He breaths, "No you cant leave, I heard Jess's thoughts". I rose my eyebrows at him. "You heard Jess, I been trying for the past three days". He shakes his head, "Its not good Nick". my heart then starts to beat fast and feels like it dropped out my butt. "What do you mean". He looks at me in fright,. "I dont like that look", I tell him bending to his level. "He's going to take on the Feeders". The last few words ring in my ears. TAKE ON THEN FEEDERS. then suddenly im back to what Jess told me three days ago. LETS JUST SAY ITAL BE THE LAST HUNT. My mouth then becomes dry. "He cant take them alone", Payton says. I lick my lips and look at the volts loaded down with all our things. " where is the last hunt?", I look back at him. "The shaddy woods there's a round up, in the middle of the trees near where we went camping, you should get there before sundown, please Nick stop him". I look at Payton's frightful and teary eyes. I knew Jess wouldn't back down, he was mad at what he done to all those people he killed mad about all the things he and the Feeders have done to me, but I had to try. 

I kiss Payton on the head. "Keep mom and them busy", I say taking off down the beach heading west to the shady woods where not so long ago got my life almost taking from me, my arm was stronger now and so were my powers. I could feel the sense of Jess getting closer.I pull my mothers jacket on so the Feeders wouldn't catch my sent, moving swifter into the woods deeper to where the birds never sing and the metal smell burned my nose. I slowed as Jessies sent grew stronger. The sun will set in about forty five minutes I had that long to try and stop Jess from this blood bath.

I finally reach him. He doesn't even turn to face me. "Your not suppose to be here". I stop in my tracks. "Taking on the Feeders alone, don't you think its kind of rash?". He looks up into the woods. "To get rid of them for once and for all, is a problem worth solving, after all the shit they put me through", He looks at me while his eyes shift to pierced blue,"What they did to you", He says through clenched teeth. "You cant take them alone Jess", I say moving closer crouching down. "Worth a try", He says. "leave", I SNEER AT HIM. "Worth risking your life". His eyes keep shifting"You need to get out of here". I move closer,"I'm not going anywhere, we risk our life's together". "Damn it Nick, how did you find out where I was", He sat there for a few,"Payton..", He whispers. "I knew I scented him near". I look at him then the circle in front of us behind the trees, "You cant do this alone, maybe we should get josh to help or other Hunter that want the Feeders gone". His eyes shift to goldish blue as he took a breath,"There's no time". It had to have been maybe ten minutes, we had plenty of time he just wanted the leches to himself. "Im not letting you do this alone". His eyes turn back pierced blue, "Fine, But Atlanta's mine". I smirk at him, "That's what you think. He looks at me stupid pulling me in closer. "Leave her to me Nick I mean it". I didn't answer him just looked around scenting Feeders getting closer we waited there for thirty minutes then Atlanta arrived with her clan of monsters, this was it the end to her plan and the killing. I felt the blood boiling in my skin and my heart beat fast as I thought of the way she touched Jess and the way she tormented me, I thought about all the people that have gone missing that everyone gave up on searching for, I clench my fist, Jess looks at me with a smirk and stares. "What?", I ask as a familiar stinging sensation bulges in my eyes. "That's the first time I saw your eyes like that", He whispers.