nineteen

Luke

Luke

There is an uncomfortable strain between Rosa and I. After confirmation from the MRI and doctor that my knee is weak, Rosa constructs a more technical plan to help strengthen it. It's a relief to know there are no underlying issues. But where the healing process lacks in stress, spending time with Rosa makes up for it.

After that fucking kiss, all I want to do is touch her. Pull her into my arms and kiss her until her lips are swollen and my lungs are screaming for oxygen. I want to strip her down, crash into the bed, and make slow, sweet love to her. The thought of her crying out my name while I'm balls-deep inside of her... fuck.

Whenever I try to bring up the kiss, Rosa shuts me down. I'm doing my best to respect her feelings. At the same time, however, I want to make sense of what's happened. Once this professional relationship ends, I am open to testing the waters. Even if she wants a friends-with-benefits relationship.

Today, Rosa and I are in the training room. It's on the busier side today, but the people are white noise. I'm too focused on how Rosa's hands feel against my skin. I'm laying on the mat and she's directing my knee in soft, fluid motions. Her hands are warm and I can feel the callouses on her palms against the underside of my knee.

I keep my hands pressed flat against the mat, staring up at the ceiling lights while I try to keep my breathing regular. The events of this past weekend are ringing in my head.

"How does the knee feel?" Rosa asks.

"Fine." She's asked me this question five times already today. I think she fears overworking it instead of helping build muscle. "Like I said before."

"Don't get pissy with me," she says. "Your health is my priority."

I bite my tongue. There's a snippy comment on my tongue about alternatives to physical therapy that would benefit my health. It's a comment that's inappropriate for this setting. Health aside, yeah, I'm a little pissy. Lack of communication irks me.

There's a lot on the line for Rosa, that much I know. But we could talk about it in a private setting. We need to talk about this. Me having her pinned to the couch with her lips working against mine... That's not normal.

"Are we ever going to talk?" I grumble.

Rosa frowns, her grip tightening in the slightest. "Maybe when you've gained my trust again."

I run a frustrated hand through my hair. "Like I said before, it didn't occur to me there could've been more under the surface. I understand how lucky I am that's not the case, though."

Her glare is sharp enough to cut glass. "You need to do something virtuous to regain my trust. Had there been something wrong, my planned sessions would've worsened your injury and delayed the healing process." She directs her gaze to the floor and sighs. "But I suppose we need to talk about what happened."