Day 2: This is not your zoo

Loki loves animals, and by loves, we mean that he has the tendency to bring home any mammal he sees wandering around alone.

When they were 8.

"Mother, can I keep this snake?" Loki asks, shows Frigga the snake wrapping around his arm.

"Now, Loki, don't you think it would be a bit dangerous to keep it when your brother is... around?" Frigga knows Thor doesn't really like animals.

"But he loves snakes, he won't harm little Dorthola. Right Thor?"

Thor nods. He never likes animals, but snakes, is an exception.

"You've even given it a name?" Frigga smiles. "Okay then, you can keep it."

When they were 176.

"Hey brother, look at this little scorpion." Loki excitingly yells. "I want to keep it."

Thor rolls his eyes in disagreement. "You know how I feel about them."

"Please, Thor... Please... Brother..." Loki starts to beg. He rarely does this, but when he does, it hits Thor right in the heart. "Okay, fine, you can be sure that it is safe." Finally, Thor says.

On their birthday when they were 900.

"I want a sword." Thor tells Loki when they talk about their dream gift.

"And I have seen this macrothele around for a while." Loki shows Thor a drawing of a spider, and may Thor says again, a sickening one. "We are not doing this." Thor grunt.

"I didn't have this kind of spider in my garden." Loki whinges. "And it's my birthday too, you don't want to hurt my birthday present, do you, brother?"

"Our garden, Loki. Ours."

Loki just shrugs seeing Thor's reaction.

Eventually, Thor gets his sword, and also helps Loki gets his, in Thor's point of view, abominable creature. "You seems to love animals more than you used to." Frigga teases.

"Trust me mother, I don't." Thor grumbles.

"And why don't I see so?" Frigga continues and Thor gazes over Loki who now is playing with his new pet.

Years after years, their own garden now is filled with animals that, of course, Loki brings back from who knows where. Come to think of that, while Thor loves to collect more weapons and put them in his room, Loki keeps most of the venomous species that were known of in the garden. Spiders, snakes, scorpions, salamanders, frogs, bees, etc, and for Odin's sake, he even has his own mini marine to raise some poisonous fish and stuff. Frigga has to build a magic enclosure just to keep the pets inside, for safety purpose. Thor sort of hate them, but then, Loki always has his agreement before actually brings anything home, so technically he has no reason to be a dick and complains about it.

"You see, brother." One day, after being chased by an enormous number of bees, Thor comes to Loki and says. "This is our garden, not yours only. But I think you made a zoo out of it."

"Don't you find these creatures gorgeous, brother?" Loki smirks seeing Thor's face. "They are so small, they look weak, but you can die if you belittle them for their appearance."

Thor frown. "Yeah, yeah. I admit that they're strong in their own way, but I don't find them helpful." He slides his fingers through the bumps he got from the bees. "Not at all."

"You'll see." Loki continues to pet all the pets around him, leaving Thor feeling impuissant behind.

"You better find a worthy pet before I get rid of all your little friends over here." Thor grumpily yells at Loki's back. "If you can't fight properly, at least find yourself a powerful assistance."

Loki suddenly stops, slowly turns around. Uh oh... Thor knows Loki is already furious about what he has just said. Loki can't fight, he wasn't gifted in that field, and he hates it when someone uses it to mock him.

"Children, go." Loki's raspy voice shows out his anger, it echoes through every corner of the garden. It's not even a second before Thor sees those weak, awful creatures that he "belittle" crawl out from everywhere. "Show him what we unworthy, powerless beings have."

"Loki, this is madness!" Thor tries to run away, but he doesn't have two things that Loki has: magic and an army of deadly animals. Of course, he can use thunder to kill them, but he doesn't think it will make anything better. And also Loki has the ability to lock the shield of the garden since he learned magic from Frigga, so they shared the same kind of power.

"Is it, brother? Is it?" Loki coldly asks. "I told you not to belittle us. I have warned you."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, you were right." Thor screams running around the garden, tries not to make things worse. Loki always seems calm, but when he gets mad, then no one wants to mess with him.

"See, I told you they will be helpful if you know how to lead them." Loki says after he has demanded his pets to get back to their place.

"Even when I still prefer a dragon, I have to admit that they are something." Thor perspiring profusely. Even wars couldn't take that much energy from him, he could just fight back.

"You'll never know." Loki grins, turns around and walks away. He heads to a place that for the past hundred years, he forbids everyone from visiting.

He casts a spell and the protection layer around that area starts to vanish. "Sometimes people have to wait to show their best, brother, and you're about to see mine." He smiles cheerfully when he sees the pedestal.

On it, there is a gigantic purple egg glowing in the darkness. When Loki comes near it, he sees a crack starts to form on the shell.

An egg of a powerful dragon.

Hatched in poison.