Day 3: You always have me

(Author: This chapter includes another couple that I ship: Balki, and I have to catch up with the challenge so it might be a bit too long. Sorry about that. :3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not that everyone knows of, the Odinson brothers are three persons. Thor, Loki, and Balder. And when Thor and Loki have their own downsides, Balder seems to be a perfect God. He's charismatic, charming, beautiful, intelligent and talented. He is outstanding, he's loved by all Asgardian, he has everything it needs to be one perfect creature. That is what makes him different from his brother. Eventually, Thor and Loki begins to bond well with one another, but just so so with Balder since he's too busy being awesome.

"You think father is going to let him take the throne?" Thor sometimes asks Loki when they hang out.

"None of my business, Thor. I'm not going to be King of Asgard anyway." Loki flips another page of the book. He loves to read, people can rarely see him without a book in his hands.

"C'mon, you don't have to be upset about that. Father will choose the worthy one."

"You're the one being upset here. I said so because I simply don't care, you, or Balder, anyone will do." Loki smirks, he understands his two brothers more than anyone can do. "Just prove you are good enough and everything will end up just fine."

"With Balder around?" Thor grunts. "You know how he is. I don't think I can stand a chance against him."

 "Then try to work harder for it." Loki uses his magic to summon his dagger, the one weapon he always likes. "Let's see what have you learned."

One day, when Loki is hiding in the library, as usual, Fandral comes for him. "I believe you have been informed that Balder wanted to see you?" He asks.

"Oh, I totally forgot about it. Books, you know?" Loki closes the book on his hand, puts it on the shelf and walks towards Fandral. "I suppose that he sent you here to get me? Must be truly important."

Fandral leads the way without saying anything. He has never liked Loki that much. He is smart, but too much of a sly fellow. They walk through the hall and get to Balder's room. It is, surprisingly far from Thor's and Loki's room.

"I assume that you have found an interesting book, am I right?" Balder pats Loki on the shoulder.

"You understand me well, brother." Loki giggles.

"Not as much as you do." Balder smiles. "You seems to know everyone well, yet not even a single person can say for sure that they understand you well enough."

"You don't suddenly call me here just for that, do you?" Loki sits down. He just doesn't like to stand for too long.

Balder laughs, he really enjoys having Loki's companion. For one thing, he never has fun dealing with the people who see him as a Mighty God, but with Loki, he's just his brother, no more or less. "Of course not. I call you here today because I want to ask you for a favour."

"If it is because of the throne, then..." Loki definitively says. He doesn't want to be involved in this battle. He is not an Asgardian, he can't sit on the Asgard throne, and he won't help any of them. It isn't because he doesn't love his brothers, he loves them so much that he doesn't want to choose one to help.

"Listen, I know you don't want to have any of it, but I just have some words I hope you will keep in mind." Balder calmly says. "To be honest I don't like to rule Asgard, but if I have to, I want you to assist me. I can assure you that except the title, I can give you the right of a king."